Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customized netweaver login screen needs seperate login for every mime

ralph_schillein
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

we are running ECC6 and have customzed our netweaver login screen (copied CL_ICF_SYSTEM_LOGIN to <ownClass>, redefined HTM_LOGIN, maintained it in SICF, etc.).

And it works great - but:

At the first call the system wants login/pw of each mime used on the login screen.

But only for the first time.

I can't repeat it.

But it happens to every user.

Correctly deleting cookies (close all screens; control->internet options-> delete cookies) CANNOT repeat the behaviour.

Globally invalidating http server cache CANNOT repeat the behaviour.

mimes on login screen are called like:

https://<servername>:<https-port>/sap/bc/bsp/sap/public/bc/bsp/<applname>/xy.jpg

So we need a login to see our login screen

pls help...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is a classical problem.

You just need to create an alias in SICF :

/sap/public/bsp/sap/public/<applname> --> /sap/bc/bsp/sap/public/bc/bsp/<applname>/

All URLs under /sap/public run with user SAPSYS and so don't need any login.

Regards,

Olivier

7 REPLIES 7

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

that's weird. Do you use all constants required by SAP such as me->m_sap_application. Probably you've already looked at this but there is an example CL_ICF_EXAMPLE01_LOGIN. Have you tried to enable HTTP trace in SMICM to see why SAP needs to ask for password again? As a workaround you could define a new SICF service which would just serve all images and other objects. You could set up this service that it would be accessible for anybody. But I would suggest to solve your issue rather than implementing various workarounds.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is a classical problem.

You just need to create an alias in SICF :

/sap/public/bsp/sap/public/<applname> --> /sap/bc/bsp/sap/public/bc/bsp/<applname>/

All URLs under /sap/public run with user SAPSYS and so don't need any login.

Regards,

Olivier

0 Kudos

> All URLs under /sap/public run with user SAPSYS and so don't need any login.

Bugger here is that the code which retrieves the object from the MIME repository makes an authorization check.

CL_MIME_SERVICES method -> MIME_CHECK_AUTHORITY

So it cannot run under SAPSYS as the user cannot be assigned any authority, let alone S_DEVELOP... (which in my opinion is much too strict here...). You will need to save a SERVICE user's logon credentials into the ICF service to make it visible to the user who has not logged in yet.

Or... use SSO..

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hi Olivier,

Your answer is correct.

My comment was based on our use of the workbench method to display the MIME objects from SE80, which we used in the web service as well and hence the authority-check.

So it is a programming error on our side.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hi guys,

works great!

Thanks.

Points given.

0 Kudos

Yep. We will correct our coding as well.

Thanks Olivier!

0 Kudos

HI Oliver, If I create an alias, it is doing an auto login with out asking for user id and password. How to stop at login screen.