cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP ERP Installation Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Not sure, whether this is the right forum to post the installation problems or not, but, would be very happy to take guidance about the right forum for these kind problems.

I am doing SAP ERP 2005 (based on SAP NW 7.0 SR1) on AIX 6.1 in HA mode, completed the ASCS, DB and SCS instances without any problems, however, when I am doing CI instance installation I am getting into this error in 'Create Java Users' (phase 15 of 27)

The following is the error from the sapinst.log

INFO 2010-03-09 16:09:44

Output of /usr/sap/FVT/DVEBMGS03/exe/jlaunch UserCheck.jlaunch com.sap.security.tools.UserCheck /tmp/sapinst_instdir/ERP/SYSTEM/DB6/HA/ABAPJAVA/CI/install/lib:/tmp/sapinst_instdir/ERP/SYSTEM/DB6/HA/ABAPJAVA/CI/install/sharedlib:/tmp/sapinst_instdir/ERP/SYSTEM/DB6/HA/ABAPJAVA/CI/install -c sysnr=03 -c ashost=powerhavios04 -c client=001 -c user=DDIC -c XXXXXX -a checkCreate -u SAPJSF -p XXXXXX -r SAP_BC_JSF_COMMUNICATION_RO -message_file UserCheck.message is written to the logfile /tmp/sapinst_instdir/ERP/SYSTEM/DB6/HA/ABAPJAVA/CI/UserCheck.log.

WARNING 2010-03-09 16:09:44

Execution of the command "/usr/sap/FVT/DVEBMGS03/exe/jlaunch UserCheck.jlaunch com.sap.security.tools.UserCheck /tmp/sapinst_instdir/ERP/SYSTEM/DB6/HA/ABAPJAVA/CI/install/lib:/tmp/sapinst_instdir/ERP/SYSTEM/DB6/HA/ABAPJAVA/CI/install/sharedlib:/tmp/sapinst_instdir/ERP/SYSTEM/DB6/HA/ABAPJAVA/CI/install -c sysnr=03 -c ashost=powerhavios04 -c client=001 -c user=DDIC -c XXXXXX -a checkCreate -u SAPJSF -p XXXXXX -r SAP_BC_JSF_COMMUNICATION_RO -message_file UserCheck.message" finished with return code 253. Output:

Critical Error

Can't read program properties

-> Internal program error (rc = -1)

Usage : /usr/sap/FVT/DVEBMGS03/exe/jlaunch [-options] <arg0> <arg1> ... <argn>

Launch the specified java program

options : [-file=<property file>] (default=jlaunch.properties)

[-nodename=<node name>] (default=jlaunch)

[-app=<application name>] Standalone application

-> <property file> = <application name>.properties

-> <SAP profile> = <application name>.pfl

[pf=<SAP profile>] (default=jlaunch.pfl)

[-parent=<pid of the parent process>] (default=0)

[-tracefile=<filename>] (default=dev_jlaunch)

INFO 2010-03-09 16:09:44

Removing file /tmp/sapinst_instdir/ERP/SYSTEM/DB6/HA/ABAPJAVA/CI/dev_UserCheck.

I do see the similar message in UserCheck.log

Any idea about why this problem and possible resolutions?

Thank you in advance.

Srini

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I had the same problem on my VM Win Server 2008 R2 64bit and after long testing I found solution.

I had to download the latest kernel from SMP and install.

download as per note 19466 Kernel 7.20

https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=19466

Cause the installation process of solution manager was already on the way I used the method suggested in the following thread to REPLACE the existing kernel.

http://it.toolbox.com/wiki/index.php/How_to_update_SAP_Kernel

I hope this helps.

Ciao

Fra

Former Member
0 Kudos

getting the following problem, while installing CI instance and failed at create java users.

Applied kernel patch SAPEXE_236-20000978.SAR, but problem is not solved.

INFO 2010-03-13 13:59:27

Removing file /tmp/sapinst_instdir/ERP/SYSTEM/DB6/HA/ABAPJAVA/CI/dev_UserCheck.

INFO 2010-03-13 13:59:27

Removing file /tmp/sapinst_instdir/ERP/SYSTEM/DB6/HA/ABAPJAVA/CI/dev_UserCheck.clone.

ERROR 2010-03-13 13:59:27

CJS-30196 Connect to SAP gateway failed

Connect_PM TYPE=A ASHOST=powerhavios04 SYSNR=03 GWHOST=powerhavios04 GWSERV=sapgw03 PCS=1

LOCATION CPIC (TCP/IP) on local host with Unicode

ERROR partner '9.122.87.103:sapgw03' not reached

TIME Sat Mar 13 13:59:26 201

RELEASE 700

COMPONENT NI (network interface)

VERSION 38

RC -10

MODULE nixxi.cpp

LINE 2513

DETAIL NiPConnect

SYSTEM CALL connect

ERRNO 79

ERRNO TEXT A remote host refused an attempted connect operation.

COUNTER 2

ERROR 2010-03-13 13:59:27

FCO-00011 The step createJSF with step key |NW_Doublestack_CI|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_CI_Instance|ind|ind|ind|ind|11|0|NW_CI_Instance_Doublestack|ind|ind|ind

|ind|3|0|createJSF was executed with status ERROR .

Also verified that port exists in the /etc/services.

Stared the AS, SCS instances and continued installation but still same problem.

Pls. let me know, if anyone knows solution.

Thanks in advance,

Aruna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

please try to give SAP_ALL role to SAPJSF user & check if this works fine.

Thanks..

Mohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohit,

Please note that, I have just completed only ASCS/SCS/DB instances not CI.

So, how do assign this role for SAPJSF ( Do you think, I should attempt to make SAP GUI connects to ASCS/SCS instances?)

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos
when I am doing CI instance installation I am getting into this error in 'Create Java Users'

i hope you must be able to login to SAP system by now.As the system is in step of creating users.So kindly login to 001 client of system & do the needful.

Thanks..

Mohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please elaborate on how can I connect to SAP System

I have attempted to login to the machine using SAP GUI (running on my windows xp laptop) by providing details like

Application Server - IP Address which CI instance is using

System No. - CI Instance number.

System ID - my SID

but, when I click 'Log on' I get a error message that, "partner <ip address>:sapdp03' not reached WSAECONNREFUSED: Connection Refused"

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anantoju,

Check the java version installed in your system for your server. it should be Java 1.4.2..

Please verify with javaws in Start>>run

Hope it helps

Regards,

Arun Jaiswal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Arun,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, my initial suspicion was java version, but, I have installed the java version as recommended in the sap note 1090932 (http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1090932) on my AIX box running 6.1

Anyhow, this is the java version I have

1. /usr/java14_64/jre/bin/java -version

java version "1.4.2"

Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.2)

Classic VM (build 1.4.2, J2RE 1.4.2 IBM AIX 5L for PowerPC (64 bit JVM) build caix64142-20090307 (SR13) (JIT enabled: jitc))

#

And reg. javaw, I did verfied by running javaw -version as

1. /usr/java14_64/jre/bin/javaw -version

java version "1.4.2"

Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.2)

Classic VM (build 1.4.2, J2RE 1.4.2 IBM AIX 5L for PowerPC (64 bit JVM) build caix64142-20090307 (SR13) (JIT enabled: jitc))

#

it's working fine.

One more thing, I did exported SAPINST_JRE_HOME to /usr/java14_64 (and also tried /usr/java14_64/jre) before I started the installation.

Edited by: Anantoju V Srinivas on Mar 10, 2010 8:20 AM