cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

u00A7NO Notifications when using Access Control Context transfer (PLM7.0)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I was wondering what is the standard functionality in terms of publishing notifications when working with ACC in PLM7.0. How is people notified that they have to work in an item? How does people know that the work required has been finished?

Thanks a lot!

BR

Neil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hello Niel,

there are various ways of realizing what you want:

1. There is the possibility of naming a user responsible for the notification, task etc.

This name can be used to select the notification in the various list functions.

2. You can use a workflow and inform the user responsible via Mail i.e. when a task is released and when it is completed.

These would be the two most used methods.

The second method with the workflows is more complicated to configure but offers you the possibility to do this all automatically.

I hope that this information proves useful.

Regards

Isabelle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please explain the first method in detail? So far as i know there are no notifactions that are possible for ACC except for a workflow. However, the POWL queries can help you get the required information.

Regards,

Sujata.

Edited by: sujata ramesh on Apr 20, 2010 9:47 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Isabelle,

Thanks for your input...but could you explain the first method a little bit further?

I'm not sure if you are referring to a standard method and if so, how to prepare the scenario. Are there any guides through this preparation?

Thanks a lot!

Answers (0)