cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can we retrict Long running queries to database

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I want to restrict long running queries to the database from web intelligence through designer.

Is there any setting for this on the universe level.

SQL server 2005,BO XI 3.1

Regards

Kultar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

PPaolo
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

in Designer open the Universe then choose File/Parameters. This opens the Universe parameters window.

Go to the Controls tab, you can set the max time or max result size of a query executed in WebI.

Hope that it helps

PPaolo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply!!

Do we have any such setting(report\universe) throgh which we can do that other then the excute time in parameters for universe.

If we can pass some type of SQL statement throgh webi\designer which can retrict the query ??

Regards

KP

PPaolo
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

sorry but I don't understand well this second question.

If you are asking about the ability to pass some commands to the database to modify the execution of the query, we have a Universe parameter (same window as before, last tab) called "Begin_SQL".

Whatever text you put to Begin_SQL will be sent to the database before each query.

In a similar way, there is an "End_SQL" parameter where you can put text which will be sent to the DB server after the execution of the query.

E.g. in Teradata if you set Begin_SQL to

set query_band='MyUser=''@Variable('BOUser")'';' for transaction;

you will send the BO user name to the Teradata query banding feature right before the execution of the query.

PPaolo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can define predefined filters and/or mandatory filters in the universe.

Moreover you can restrict the time, the number of rows at universe and at query level.

Last, you can also restrict the amount of data retrieved per user when applying security.

Regards,

Didier

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Begin SQL has some problem in executing the set commands.

this is why i am looking for other options.

Cheers

KP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the update Didier.

Request you to send me steps throgh which we can restrict time limits at the report level.

Regards

KP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you are editing the query in the Web Intelligence query panel, there is a preperties tab where you can set the rows limit and the time limit (see attached screenshot).

Regards

Didier