cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transporting ID Objects with no Connectivity between the Dev & Test systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

having just created all our PI ESR and ID objects in PI7.11 we have been informed that there will be connectivity between our test and development systems so the SLD Objects i had set up for transportation will not be required.

i am sure there is a way of creating objects for transport from the ID without setting transport paths, but i am now looking for a way to move the objects with as little impact as possible having spent a few weeks getting the configuration created and working for the many Configuration Scenarios.

i know i cannot move them via export/import as they are using business systems, but what would be the best way to take this forward?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

CIM exported from Development and Imported into Test. Groups and transport paths set up accordingly and successfully imported ID into Test

Former Member
0 Kudos

The SAP Library does not offer much help....

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/EN/39/f3103e02db137de10000000a114084/frameset.htm

and i do not want to have to manually recreate everything in the new system! :o[

Former Member
0 Kudos

It looks like we can possibly export the CIM Content and import that into the target system, creating the transport groups and paths as normal.