cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Queue problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I have a SAP backend system calling a consumer ABAP proxy with a specific queue ID.

Looking at SXMB_MONI, I clearly see messages coming in with this queue ID.

First I tried to change the queue Registration Mode in transaction SMQR from D to B.

When I check the message monitor, I see the status "recorded for outbound processing", but in transaction SMQ2 I see nothing at all.

Also, when I want to click on the queue in the message monitor, I get an error saying "Unable to perform action for selected message".

The objective is to process specific large messages in background with a specific queue ID. We need to cancel some message flows. That's why I assigned a queue ID. So that the customer can go into transaction SMQR and cancel entries.

Please advice.

Thanks a lot

Dimitri

Edited by: Dimitri Sannen on Mar 9, 2010 10:15 AM

I restarted the messages manually and now they got processed. What caused this delay?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you tried to send another message. I guess when you registered the queue then it deleted the entry from the queue. So try with another message.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

When the queue Registration Mode in SMQR is D, it looks good.

Now I changed it to B and the entries remain on "recorded for outbound processing" and I see nothing in SMQ2.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try to register the queue with Function Module "QIWK_REGISTER".

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did it and now I see what I saw before in the SMQR and the scheduler status is still inactive.

In the SXMB_MONI, I see 4 entries scheduled for outbound processing. When I click on the queue, the system jumps to SMQ2, but I see no entries.

I also have the impression that nothing is visible in SMQ2 transaction when the queue is in background operation mode. Is that correct?

After several minutes, the entries are still in SXMB_MONI with status scheduled for outbound processing.

Do I miss something here?

When I try to start the scheduler in SQMR, I see STARTING for 2 seconds and then again inactive.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can u please activate queue objects.Please do following steps.

sxmb_adm->Manage queues->Register Queues->Activate queues

This will resolve u r problem

Thanks

ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

> I did it and now I see what I saw before in the SMQR and the scheduler status is still inactive.

This is not a problem. It becomes active only when something comes to queue otherwise remains inactive.

> I also have the impression that nothing is visible in SMQ2 transaction when the queue is in background operation mode. Is that correct?

I am not very sure but seems that your assumption is correct.

> After several minutes, the entries are still in SXMB_MONI with status scheduled for outbound processing.

> Do I miss something here?

You have to register & activate the queues in SXMB_ADM.