cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

index reorganization

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am doing the XI system upgrade while doing it upgrade says that one of the index is having problem for the table XI_AF_MSG.

i checked and i found that there is a block corruption and that block contains this index.

I try to rebuild but it is not allowing me to rebuild as it is a LOB index. (SYS_IL0000051286C00020$$)

i tried to do the reorg for the whole table it is failed because the upgrade is going on and it throws an oracle error.

Finally i planed to create a DDL statement and drop the index and then i planed to recreate the index using the DDL statement.

But when i opened the DDL.SQL and see i am not able to see this particular index in teh DDL.SQL.

Now please auggenst me how to reorganize the index.

Thanks,

Chaitanya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member524429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

But when i opened the DDL.SQL and see i am not able to see this particular index in teh DDL.SQL.

Have you generated separate DDL statements for Index after generating DDL statement for that Table ? BRSPACE is in use for the same ?

Step 4 of the SAP Note 646681 - Reorganizing tables with BRSPACE will be helpful.

Regards,

Bhavik G. Shroff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes i have generated the seoerate DDL statement for indexes. In that DDL.SQL i am not able to see this index.

Please suggest me how to proceed in this.

Thanks,

Chaitanya