Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alt sales document type

nitesh_hatizar
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

I want to change sales document type that i already created. In va02 sales screen i m not able to change sales document type because radio button is gray....how can i change sales document type in this case

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone;

I faced the same problem and the cause could be one of the following:

1. if the sales document has any follow-up documents, you can't change the sales document type and so radio buttons of alternative sales document(s) are grayed out.
  2. make sure that internal and external number range intervals in VOV8 for the original document and it's alternatives are the same. This is probably because once the sales document has been saved, the system won't be able to change it's number.

hope it helps

thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nitesh,

It would be nice from your side to let other people know about the solution. So that some one who encountered the same problem will get the solution, by looking at this thread when he/she searches the forum.

Regards,

Sats.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the problem is with only one saler order then functionality of chanigng sale document type is not required, because doing so will lead to further consequences.

If it is a new requirement then you can follow that functionality.

nitesh_hatizar
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks you all for giving me valuable solution but i am following threat

According to this threat we can change....

Pls suggest me can we do or not...i m confused in this case..

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you already check in VOV8 whether an alt. sales doc type is assigned? It seems it can be done with the solution given in other threat. However make sure about the Dependencies and make sure whether any other sales organizations in your company using this sales order type. keep in mind that if change anything in VOV8 in development system and trasnport to Production system, this change will be implemented in all sales oganizations that are using this sales doc type.

if you are not sure about this, the easy and fast solution is to delete the incorrect sales order and create new instead of changing something in customization.

or try first in sandbox system then test.

Can you say what is the incorrect sales document type and what is the other sales doc type that you want to use? why do you want to change it?

Note: In VOV8 when you click F1 on the field alt.sales doc type it says "During sales document processing you can switch to one of the sales document types specified here." has delivery already created for this order? also make sure about the delivery type for both sales doc types in VOV8.

Regards.

Edited by: sap.sats on Mar 9, 2010 12:02 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is not possible to change the order type once the order is created.

Even after pressing enter after providing the order type and sales area in VA01 screen also it is not possible to change the order type.

There are two things for deleting those orders.

1.Deleting the order

2.Maintaining the reason for rejection.

1.Goto the T.Code "VA02".

Enter the order number.Enter.

Click on "Sales document" in the menu bar.Click on 'Delete'.

2.Maintain the reason for rejection at the tab "Reason for rejection".

If the order is open then it will be in editable mode.If billing document and payment like everything is over then it will be grayed out.In that case we have to go for first option.

But among these two second one is most preferable one.

Regards,

Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

i think by mistake your users are created sales order with wrong sales document type and they completed full cycle.

it is not possible to change the sales order document type in change mode. one thing you can do is reverse all the transaction.

ask them to create sales order with correct sales document type.

this i have faced,i have minimise the sales document type appears in drop down in va01,

strictly i asked them to follow the user manuals(paste it document types with scenerios infront of their desks)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I donu2019t think you can change this. If you have chosen the incorrect sales document type means you have to delete the sales order that you have created and create a new one with the correct sales document type. Have you already created Delivery for this? then you have to reverse the process.

Regards,