cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ATP, availability date

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru,

Pls help me "how the system calculate the day availability date?", when I check ATP,

I have problem when i config standard SO type (ZOR) but when i check ATP system propose availability date in the future. Ex today(Mar.08.2010) I create one SO with quantity 50 and check stock available is 1000, but system confirm available date is (Mar.10.2010). I don't know how system propose this date.

Thanks so much.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hieulm,

Your requested delivery date comes from

In T-code VOV8 --> select your order type --> click at details --> in the column "Requested delivery date" --> Lead time in days

But when system confirming the date then it checks several places like as follows

1) Go to MM02 --> On MRP page 1 > In Scheduling Column> System consider

In-house production

GR processing time

Plnd delivery time

2) SPRO --> Enterprise Structure --> Definition --> Logistics Execution --> Define shipping point

Select your shipping point --> click at details --> in the column "Determine times" --> system consider

Determine Load. Time

Det.Pick/Pack Time

3) In T-code OVTC --> select your Route --> Click at Details --> System consider the "Scheduling" column

Please check all the above places and see it matching your confirming date or not.

Hope it helps,

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I try follow all help, but the issue not clear,

Anyone else help me again.

Best Regard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hieulm and friends

I agree with you. Not able to understand how the Delivery date works -?

I will try to ask once again.

If any particular day sales order created -

Delivery date will be decided by the system-? (Is this requested by customer -? or normally customer's doesn't request-?)

Ex:

If order is creating March 13 .

Though stock available immediately based on order created date ,

Delivery date could be March 14 or 15 or 16 or 17th. How the system will give these dates- ?

I mean 14 on what basis -? and 15, 16, 17 on what basis-? How these dates will be decided-?

Is this the Requested delivery date -? Is this the proposed delivery date -? is this delivery date -? Is this the scedule line date-?

all these are same -?

What is proposed date( in the document header screen- configuration) -?

Is this back ward scheduling -?

what is forward scheduling -?

Please some one who has really configured or has concepts please try to explain these point by point.

Thanks

Kris

Edited by: krisnkris on Mar 14, 2010 2:56 AM

Edited by: krisnkris on Mar 14, 2010 3:08 AM

Edited by: krisnkris on Mar 14, 2010 3:10 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

is issue com from calendar of PP?

If right, please help me fix it

Thansk

aramsum
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kirs,

System always does the backward scheduling by defualt. Base for the Availability check is the Requested delivery date. Requested delivery date comes from the Sales order configuration screen(VOV8Propose delivery date) and you can manually change it. It is taken as the base to check the availability of that particular material. So If the Req Delivery date is after 5 days, System takes that date as the base and checks the avialability for that material for that date. Now once system knew the date, it takes Picking/packing time(From shipping pointOVXD Transaction code) and Loading time,Transportation planning time from rOUTE(tRANSACTION IS "0VTC"), if Inhouse production time is maintained in Material master MRP2 view, Planned delivery time, Gr processing time or RLT etc... .after taking every thing into consideration(Times) system confirms if the Material is available on that particular date other wise , it does forward scheduling which means , takes all the times in to consideration and confirms the possible date in the future. It depends on delivery scheduling of the sales document and shipping point aswell(OVLY,OVLZ). aND SOME TIMES ITS DEPENDANT ON THE GOODS RECIEVING HOURS OF THE CUSTOMER ASWELL(Schedule line confirmation). Kindly please let me know If you need any more Information on this.

Regards,

Ram Pedarla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

like you help me, I check all place you help, i see ok, my calendar using in shipping point is 7 working day per week.

and any information in MRP2 is set 0, but some time system propose delivery day is next day while the stock is available. (quantities always > SO).

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

you might have a sonfigured in Requirment class like (consider the Open sales order stock also).

Check point1: in MMBE give the material and F8 , clikc on material check in Sales order Field (How much stock has reserved for open sales order) . if it is more than 1000 then

1)system will considers the Lead time from Material master

2) system can also check the lead time days from routing

Regards

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I using standard requirement class 50 : Warehouse consumpt, but i think it not relevant with this issue.

HieuLM

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Check in Avl check Control (OVZ9) what are the functionalities are activated. based on this config system might performs like this.

Regards

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

in OVZ9

stock : tic on include safety stock

In/outward movements tic on all item

Incl.rel.order reqs : X Check releases for stock transport orders and requisitions

Incl. planned orders : X Check all planned orders

thanks

aramsum
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go into your sales order and double click on Schedule lines and once you are in that screen, at the bottom you will see shipping tab, double click on it and you will see Different fields like Material availability date,Loading date,picking date and goods issue date. Press F1(Help) at each field, you will understand how SAP Confirms the delivery date. Kindly please let me know If you need any more Information on this.

Regards,

Ram Pedarla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

I'm check on Delivery date

Sales and Distribution --> Basic Functions --> Delivery scheduling and transportation scheduling --> Define scheduling by sales document type).

my system config as flow:

sale order type ZOR

DlvSchedlg : X

TranspSchd : tick on

backwards : blank

is diference from to you?

aramsum
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Heilum,

That makes a difference. If it is ticked the picking and loading time is taken from Shipping point. Check Shipping point and see whats maintained againast Picking time and Loading time.

Regards,

Ram Pedarla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

In the shipping point config as :

Determine Load. Time : C - Default from shipping point

Det.Pick/Pack Time : C - Default from shipping point

Factory Calendar : V1 - Factory Calendar Vietnam 1 (7 days a week)

this is my shipping point, I think it OK, no problem

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

> In/outward movements tic on all item

It means you must have checked Include PR and PO also. SO make sure that if there are any open Purchase req or PO for which no goods receipt has been done.

That could be the reason and the time that might have been maintained at shipping point and route level because of which system is cofirming the qty in the future

Check the same also as i already said earlier check in Co09 what is the actual available qty

hope you get some inputs

regards,

Sagar

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

close this thread

HieuLM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check in MB52 for the material, what stocks are available for the material.

May be there will be reservation or stock would be in transit etc.

> Pls help me "how the system calculate the day availability date?", when I check ATP,

system arrives at Material availability date by calculating Backward scheduling

For this system considers Req. delivery date - then to deliver the material on this date Transit time is considered (Good Issue date) - Loading time (Loading Date) - Transportation lead time (Trans. planning date) and picking / packing time - then finally comes to Material availability date. This is how this date is calculated.

Transit time and Transportation lead time are defined in Route

Loading time and Pick / pack time are defined at Shipping point level

On this date system does availability check and cofirms the qty for the material.

If mate. is not available on this date then system does forward scheduling.

Also, check in CO09, if stock is available or not. Cum. ATP qty is shown in Blue color, that is your actual available qty

Hope you get some inputs

regards,

Sagar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please check, in the customising for shipping point any number of days maintained there.

Check also if any holiday is coming.

thanks