Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to remove SA38 , STMS and SCC4 from S_TCODE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

we need to restrict three critical tcodes like SA38 , STMS and SCC4 from some users.

This is getting via one role in system.

I analysed in object S_TCODE ..But there I found like

$* to SE15 , SE17 to SE37, SE39 to SNLS, SNRO to Z* these range of values.

What is meaning of $* here?

Anyone help me out to remove three tcodes from above range,without affecting other tcode.

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

$

• to SE15 means all the tcodes falling in this range are assigned in the Role . Which means SA38 and Scc4 assigned in this role.

You can try the range

$* to SA37

SA39 to scc3

SCC3 TO SE15

SE17 to SE37,

SE39 to STMR

STMT to SNLS,

SNRO to Z

0 Kudos

> SCC3 TO SE15

I hope this is a typo as SCC4 is still in this range.

Besides that, please keep in mind that this way of so called 'restriction' in general is a very bad idea. Any advice on restricting tcode ranges has nothing to do with SAP security. Controlling your system is a bit more complicated than that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santhosh,

Jurjen is a kind man with words......I am sure you wouldnt want to hear more from others on the idea of restricting the range

Simple suggestion: Dont do it, dump the idea and build authorizations based on specific needs with specific transactions in the role menu

Former Member
0 Kudos

> What is meaning of $* here?

It means you tried to convert field TCD to an org. level and your head touched wood...

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

LOL.............guys run for cover now