Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Results Recording Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Good Morning.

We have 3 plants say plant A,B & C & QM active for few ROH materials.

We are doing QA using Inspection specification & we have maintained the material specification for a single plant.

Now my issue is, when I do a GR for QM material in the plant B where the material specification is not maintained for the material in the particular plant system is automatically displaying a pop up screen where the specification of the material maintained in plant A is displayed & when we select this, the inspection lot will be created with that characteristic.

1. How to validate the material specification for a plant when we do a GR ?

2. Whether the above pop up screen in GR is a SAP std functionality or is it based on some settings ?

3. Finally, I want to copy the QM catalogs & Selected sets (Characteristics, Defects & UD) from an existing plant to a new plant.

For doing the same, I am using t.code QS51. when I save the entries in QS51 a TR is getting generated. So my question is whether the changes which we make in QS51 for a new plant is transportable ?

Thanks in advance for your valuable support.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Freind

Here are my inputs

1) Material specification is at client level. so if you create inspection specification for one material it will be applicable for all plants

2) Catalogs can be updated through transports only. This is a master data but maintained through configs. The changes you make through QS51 are transportable

Regards

Gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

Thanks for your quick response.

If the specifications are client dependent then whats the need for plant in QS61?

In my case the GR & inspection lot is created in Plant B but the specification assigned is of plant A.

So in the above case whats the need for doing QS51 separately for each plant ?

Also whether the charactestics pop up screen in MIGO is a standard functionality?

Thanks & Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thanks for your valuable replies.

Let me clarify my issue once again.

See I have activated batch management @ material level.

I am not using Batch classification. We will just enter a batch no: in MIGO at the time of GR manually & a batch will be created.

While saving I am getting a pop up screen with the material specification with characteristics of Plant A & when I select this, a QA lot will be created for material in plant B with material specification of Plant A.

As I understand from the above replies, material specification is done @ client level & we are doing QA inspection with ref to material specification (we are not using task lists i.e. inspection plans). So can anyone answer the below 2 queries.

1. Why we need to enter a plant in QS61 if material specification is @ client level. whats the relevance

2. Whats the use of doing QS51 Selected sets for characteristics individually for each plant, when its possible to process a inspection lot created for a material in Plant B using the material specification of Plant A.

Thanks & Regards,

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I will try to explain this what I have experienced.

Regarding first question

1. I think the plant field that you observe in QS61 is of MICu2019s plant.

2. It is not the plant for material that you enter. Hence material specification is at client level.

3. Every MIC has to be created with reference plant only being plant level master. That is the reason if you select MIC in QS61 plant automatically gets copied.

4. There is flexibility that you can combine several MICs created in different plants. This is standard SAP. This is quite similar in inspection plan also.

Regarding your second question

1. Selected sets are at plant level. Selected set linked with MICs are of catalogue 1.

2. If you have ticked on characteristic attribute in qualitative MIC, you have to assign the selected set to that MIC.

3. Here you have to assign the selected set of the same plant.

4. In short in QS61 the plant of MIC and selected set remains same.

But what is your exact requirement? Whether inspection parameters meant for plant A should be used by plant B or not? The system behaviour that you have observed is standard.

If you want plant B should not use the same parameters you have to go for inspection plan.

Best Regards,

Anand Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Anand,

Thanks a lot for the valuable inputs.

As per your above reply, I conclude that if we use material specification then characteristics needs to be maintained for only one plant (in the above case - plant A) so that the same can be used for the material in other plants also.

Since specification is @ client level system wont validate the same @ the time of GR.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks & Regards,

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes. Thatu2019s what I have experienced. We should take expert's opinion also!

You can maintain MICs in plant A only. No need to create MICs again in plant B. You can use the MICs of plant A for plant B. The only thing I doubt is authorisation. User in plant B must have authorisation for MICs and selected sets that you have created in plant A.

Best Regards,

Anand Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Anand,

Thanks for the reply.

Logically what you have mentioned is correct. So I am closing the thread.

Thanks & Regards,

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It sounds like you have a batch class assigned to this material.

If you do, I beleive that the pop-up you are seeing is due to having "batch classification in the foregroud" activated in config or you have "batch classification in foreground for required characteristics only". If this is the pop-up, you are seeing the general characteristics and not any MIC's in the pop-up.

Classification depends on the batch level you are at. If you are at plant batch level, (022 class type), then the pop-up will come up in each plant for the same batch each time it is moved to another plant. This functionality has nothing to do with QS51. If you are at the material batch level or client batch level, (023 class type), you should only get the pop-up the first time you receive in the batch.

You can transport your catalogs across systems using the TR. You only need to create the catalogs in the additional plants if you are planning on creating inspection lots and doing UD's on them.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..

QS51 has to be maintained at palnt level.Basically we create here referenct UD set at plant level .& when we take result we select perticular UD code during usage decision of material.( So obiously you can take result & UD only for inspection lots of which inspection plan exist , Inspection plan maintained at plant level.)

Charecteristic is maintained at client level when you create charecteristic by CT04 system never ask you plant.

So when batch has been created in any of palnt system will ask you to update charecreistics..

But when you do GR in palnt B suppose where you have activated inspection type 01 system will creat lot .Then you can take result of MIC to which you have assign same charectristic which is maintained in material master also .So after taking UD for same charecteristic value will get updated in batch..

Material in Plant for which you have not maintained any inspection type or inspection plan you have to update specification manualy.

You are saying lot gets generated even you have not activated QM for perticular plant.I have doubt please confirm it really lot gets generated or not.

For any clarification revert me back. I hope this will help you.

Regards

SANIL