cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text item categories

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have seen that in certain cases, text item categories are used in sales order and delivery. can somebody explain why text item category are used in order/delivery. can someone explain by means of a business example.

regds

Edited by: sapsd73 on Mar 9, 2010 7:46 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Eg: If you go to any recently opened malls, There you will find many varieties of goods such as food / beverages / alchohol / electronics / clothes / books / house hold goods etc.,

but mostly you will find the brochures available in electronic division only, with all available goods including features available eg: Home theater brochure.

you can take it , it is used as brochure & if any prospectus requests for the brochure they will allow him/her to take on free of cost.

There could be possibility that client wants to capture, how many brochures have been given on foc. To map this, you can create brochure as a text material which is schedule lines allowed ( determine sch.line cat: w/o any mov type).each time you issue the brochure , you can create delivery wrt: sales order. If you see the delivery document flow, you will observe the "Confirmation of service". still if you want to track inventory of these brochures, then you can go for sch.line cat with mov type 601 ( with or w/o valuation is depends & opens for another discussion)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per my knowledge, Text item generally use for communicating the message. They are not billing or pricing relevent.

For example if in your industry credit memo request creating independently, I mean not creating with refrence of billing document or order.

So in that case when your super user open that credit memo then how he/she will know that this credit memo create with refrence of which order or billing document.

So in that case, during the creation of credit memo request. You enter a text material with the text (Order or billing document number).

So when superuser will open that credit memo request, he will know the refrence document number.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

MT