cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merger of company codes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

We are in the process of merging 2 company codes (say1000 & 1200) in one of our customers into a new company code 1800. I would invite valuable suggestion from my forum friends on the following

1. Is there anyway we can transfer the entire master data from the two existing company codes to the new company code. It is an intra SAP data transfer, so the implications would be different.

2.How do we treat the open sales & purchase orders, Open deliveries and open billing documents before we go live on 1st of April.

3. What all balances needs to be transferred from the existing company codes to the new company code.

4.After the cut over, do we need to delete the existing customers/Vendors in the earlier company codes.

As we are doing this process for the very first time, we would be requiring your valuable suggestion on the above processes.

Thanks & regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check also note 1396348, 391858

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathi,

Thanks for the valuable suggestion and as usual it came so promptly from you. I have gone through the notes mentioned by you. Here I would like to mention that basically we are merging two existing companies into a fresh one, which is to be created. Perhaps in my post I wrongly mentioned the word merger, but in reality it is a roll out of a new company code. The points I put forward in my post was in consideration of the above scenario only. The posts mentioned by you deal with merger of one company code into another and thereafter delinking the assignments from the previous company code. Here in my scenario, a new company code is being created which will replace the two existing company codes. Please suggest what all needs to be done in this case.

I would also request you to send me once again any related posts/SAP notes, which will be really helpful for me. Please refer to the queries sent by me in my earlier post.

Thanks & regards

deeptanwar
Explorer
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check these threads

[Merger of Two Company Code|;

[Merging two company codes|;

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

We are in the process of merging 2 company codes (say1000 & 1200) in one of our customers into a new company code 1800. I would invite valuable suggestion from my forum friends on the following

1. Is there anyway we can transfer the entire master data from the two existing company codes to the new company code. It is an intra SAP data transfer, so the implications would be different. Means the customers/vendors need to be extended to the new company code & sales areas.

2.How do we treat the open sales & purchase orders, Open deliveries and open billing documents before we go live on 1st of April.

3. What all balances needs to be transferred from the existing company codes to the new company code.

4.After the cut over, do we need to delete the existing customers/Vendors in the earlier company codes.

As we are doing this process for the very first time, we would be requiring your valuable suggestion on the above processes.

Thanks & regards