cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bar chart output not correct?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i have an sql query data service which i developed using sql editor.

it displays the employess with top 5 salaries.

the query that i developed works perfectly in sql plus.

I have defined a table output and chart (column chart) output to my data service and deployed the iview and the results are shown and the graphical representation is also good.

but now when i say i want top 10:

the query in sqlplus works fine shows top 10

the table output of the data service shows top 10

but my chart shows some weird values, is this problem with the chart element or my settings for chart?

version is VC 6.0 patch 6.0 on SAP EP SP14 ( OFCOURSE I DEPLOYED BIMMR AND BIUDI AND ALSO SP13 PORTAL ADDONS)

Please let me know if anyone had similar problem.

thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you describe this "weird" behaviour in more detail? Is it just sorted different, o rare the values mixed up, or or or ?

Mario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mario,

sorry for not being clear enough. Here is the sceanrio

The query that i used in SQL editor is

SELECT sal, name FROM ( select sal, name, rank() over (order by sal DESC) rnk from emp WHERE dept = "10001" ) where rnk<=5

<b>

here is the table output</b>

sal NAME

8 A

8 B

8 C

3 D

3 E

3 F

THis works perfectly fine.

<b>Now when i say Top 10:</b>

the table ouput that i see is:

SAL NAME

8 A

8 B

8 C

3 D

3 E

3 F

2 G

2 H

2 I

2 J

2 K

2 L

2 M

2 N

2 O

2 P

2 Q

The bar chart shows only the following things in the specified order:

N,J, P, M, E,F, G, H, I, K, L, Q

SO WHAT HAPPENED TO THE OTHERS.

any ideas please?

Thanks

P.S: I sent you the screen shot of those charts to your email.

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) On your screenshot I somehow see on the right side, that there are several texts overlayered.

2) I tried it with the following statements on the Northwind database and they both worked fine and returned the correct result:

SELECT Top 5 "t1"."ProductName", "t1"."ProductSales" FROM "Northwind"."dbo"."Sales by Category" "t1"

SELECT Top 10 "t1"."ProductName", "t1"."ProductSales" FROM "Northwind"."dbo"."Sales by Category" "t1"

This one brought also the right sort order:

SELECT Top 10 "t1"."ProductName", "t1"."ProductSales" FROM "Northwind"."dbo"."Sales by Category" "t1" ORDER BY "t1"."ProductSales" DESC

What I see from your SQL statement, you have it nested and I don't understand why you make it so complicated. Does your database not support the Top N statement?

Mario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mario,

AFAIK, TOP doesnt work against oracle.

However, my Problem is resolved now.

the reason for that behaviour is

i mena if there is a duplicaiton in the productnames (talking about northwind sales by cateogry table), it will show up only one instance in the bar chart.

so, i found unique things for xaxis and series1 and it works fine now.

Thank you for your help

Thanks

P.S: Points granted

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reddy,

I dont understand the reason. In the example that you posted here and that you sent me were no redundant records (all A,B,C,.... were unique). Also the tables in your document didn't have redundant "PCD object" names.

So what exactly was the problem?

Mario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mario,

sent the document to your email id with the highlighted duplicated records. Please let me know if I there is any wrong in my understanding.

Thanks

Answers (0)