cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP.NET Connector for VS.NET 2008

Former Member
0 Kudos

i hava installed VS.NET 2008 and when i am going to Installed the SAP.NET Connector it give me error. that it is required Visual Studio.NET 7.1 IDE but i did not find the VS.net 7.1 IDE on the internet. any one help me that how i can used the SAP.NET Connector with VS.NET 2008. or there some othe tools avaliable.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

it's on binary level possible to use the NCo within .NET 2.0 or later runtime context; via a workaround with VS2005 or later. See this [whitepaper |http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/92333e6b-0b01-0010-9cbf-fecd62d6c895]issued by SAP

However, I repeat a statement I made [earlier|]:

"for any new developed integration with SAP I advice against using the .NET connector (NCo). The reason is that the NCo is outdated (requires .NET 1.1 framework; there is no upgrade for .NET 2.0 or later); and that SAP discontinues it in favour of SAP (enterprise) webservices (see [Future support of NCo|]).

For continuity / future proof approach it is better to apply web services; expose your SAP function modules as web services; and integrate with them from your .NET (or Java or ...) client.

For .NET, you have several options to connect:

* via plain WS-I basic profile; just generate a proxy from VS2008 via the Add Service Reference functionality (see [here|])

* apply BizTalk WCF LOB Adapter. On my blog I have a post on the [successful application of the SAP Adapter|http://williamvanstrien.blogspot.com/2009/08/apply-wcf-biztalk-adapter-pack-to.html]

* Use one of the commercial integration tools (Sitrion has a good name)"

Best regards, William.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..

Thank you for your reply

I have also try on Enterprise Services Explorer 1.1 and fellow the step in the document which they provide but we i loging from my visual studio they say authenticaion fail, check your parameter,

i try to many time but for that i also did not find any help.

you have any idea about that so reply me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi there

i am a .net developer , i am trying to integrate sap into my web application , but i am using .net framework 3.5 and visual studio 2008 , i am desperately looking for sap .net connector that is compatable with .net framework 3.5 and visual studio 2008 , please can you assist

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to wait for this:

"Announcement: SAP plans a new Release of the SAP .NET Connector

We are pleased to announce release 3.0 of the SAP .NET Connector. It will support current Windows releases (Windows XP 32 Bit, Windows 2003 32/64 Bit (x64), Windows Vista 32/64 Bit (x64), Windows 2008 64 Bit (x64) and later Windows 7) as well as up-to-date Microsoft .NET Runtime versions (2.0, 3.0 and 3.5).

Public availability is planned for December 2010. Starting immediately customers can apply for participation in a beta program. Shipment of the first beta versions is planned for July 2010. If you are interested, please check out the details on the Connectors SMP Hompage, SAP .NET Connector section, and fill out the beta program application form.

Please note: as of today (July 1st, 2010) the application phase for the beta program is closed. "

Greetings,

Andreas

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP.NET Connector 3.0 has been released

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rajesh,

I am using SAP.NET connector 3.0 version. When i try to pass the table parameter, it is passing empty value to RFC, while debugging in .Net it is showing the value. Any idea how to solve this issue?

Regards,

Prabakaran.K

Former Member
0 Kudos

someone help me to solve this problem?

thanks.

[my problem|http://www.itpub.net/thread-1296801-1-1.html]

Edited by: july rzh on May 7, 2010 5:16 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

First solution is to use VS2003 to generate your proxy class. After in VS2008 you add your proxy class including the two RFC dll (visible into your VS2003 refererence) as a reference...

A very power full alternative is to use erpconnect.net (that's a native and powerful library to connect SAP in native RFC mode) ....see theobald software with google

An another very easy alternative is to use the soap rfc service of the SAP WebApplication server. You just have to develop an ABAP RFC function (SE37) and apply a good practice

The good practice is :

transfert table into import or export (nothing in the table section because using a ref isn't a good practice), and implement exception into your RFC.

Best regards

Jerome

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to evaluate the integration of a J2EE application with a SAP R/3 server using SAP RI and MS BIZTALK. However I do not have access to SAP Markeplace for downlaoding the .Net adaptor. Could you please provide me with a URL for downloading a copy of the adaptor.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos

HI!

I use .NET Connector with VS 2008. First create project with proxies in VS 2003 then import it to VS 2008.

The problem is with the proxy generator wizard that not work in VS 2008.

Regards,

Fernando.-