cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New table / field in SAP MDM not being reflected in SAP EP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have added a lookup- flat table in MDM and added a field corresponding to this table in my main Products table.

I have maintained data in both the main table and the look up table thru Data manager

Problem:

I want to populate this field through the SAP EP. I am using std MDM iView Details template. When I check the drop down to select the table, I see only the ones which had come with the MDM std business content. The added tables/ fields are not visible on the portal to select :(.

Can you help me out Please? Are there some settings that need to be done?

Regards,

Alpana

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alpana,

Yes you need to test the connection with MDM again from EP. Please take help from any EP guy or basis person. Untill and unless your connection to MDM Server and Repository doesn't get successfully tested after any changes being made in MDM, those wouldn't be reflected in EP.

BR,

Alok Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Alok for responding. But I think you have misunderstood my qs; or I have not been clear enough.

My connection is successful. I can run std MDM iViews on Portal successfully. My problem is; other than standard table/fields available in std MDM business content, if i add one more table; it is not reflected in Portal.

When you create an MDM iView; Portal asks you for the repository that you need to connect. i select the server, repository. Then the template asks me to select one table from that repository(This action does not happen if the system connection is unsuccessful). In this drop down list of tables i am unable to view the new table that i have added in MDM.

Am i missing some settings?

-Regards,

Alpana

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

May be Cache is not refreshed. Try by restarting your MDM server and Portal..I think this will solve your problem.

Regards,

Shiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

As a mandatory requirement after completing the deployment process, the Web Application Server should be restarted for the changes made by the deployment to take effect and appear in the Portal.

Have you restarted Web Application Server after deployment?

Also check, User Mapping for the Connected MDM System

Search for the User (Portal User) which needs to be mapped to the appropriate MDM User.

It is quite interesting that you are getting all other tables in std i-view template except newly added.

It could be also because you have already there connection of EP with MDM before that table and new field exists in MDM.

And it is showing same existing table and fields, I mean not reflected now newly added table and field. I would suggest you to create the MDM connection with EP from scratch. Just give MDM System Name and ID, MDM Server, Repository, Language, Creating an Alias for the connected MDM System, User Mapping and connection Test for the Connected MDM System.

May be it result in reflecting newly added Table and field which is not visible in EP as of now. Just give it a try.

Hope it helps...

Thanks and Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiv,

Thanks for responding.

I have already tried it but in vain.

Regards,

Alpana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mandeep,

Thanks for responding.

No i was not aware that i need to restart the Web AS. Thanks!!! Will do that and check and will let you know if it works.

The 2nd part of your suggestion?

Have already done that. No use. And no; the field does not exist and neither does the table. They are newly added. I created everything from scratch. I 1st thought it is a CACHE problem. I cleared Portal CACHE as well as my browser CACHE. then i restarted my MDM server; re-logged to the Portal. Created an entire new connection used it in a fresh iView. But nope!!! it still does not reflect. But i did not restart the WebAS.

Thanks once again,

Alpana

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Restarting only MDM server may not work; try by restarting Portal also. Please check and revert with the result.

Regards,

Shiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alpana.

Can you also try if any user based constraints check has been provided for the user which you are logged in to the portal?

For Ex: In MDM Console, for a repository go to the Admin Node-> Roles and check if the user is restricted to view only certain tables and fields

Regards

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

The MDM Repository schema is cached on the portal server so that it will be fast to load the standard iViews versus loading schema every time which consumes more time to load iViews. So, whenever changes are made to the MDM Repository the portal server should be restarted to clear the cache and get the new schema. Restarting your portal server will definetly reflect the new schema as per siva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks to all ... the problem was resolved after restarting the Web AS

-Regards,

Alpana

Answers (0)