Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload is not working

former_member574468
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I ve downloded internal table's data from Normal Report and stored it into my local Drive. After that, I want to upload the same data to Webdynpro DOINIT() Mthd. Note that i dont want to use File Upload UI Elemenrt to upload the data.

can anyone help me to comeout from this issue without using File Upload UI Element.

Thanks in Advance...

Vimal...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Moderator Edited:

Removed answer for being completely incorrect informatoin. No reason to leave incorrect information here. Just a note to those posting here that don't seem to be familiar with Web Dynpro: You can not use any GUI/Control Framework features in Web Dynpro becuase there is no connection to the SAPGUI.

Edited by: Thomas Jung on Mar 9, 2010 8:18 AM

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Thomas,

I realised my mistake as I was walking out the building last night - but perhaps it is worthwhile reminding those who would find the thread in future what the mistake was!

the ABAP class which allows GUI upload, download etc is ONLY for use within the GUI framework! It uses the GUI to provide the various file access functions.

When running on a webdynpro supported browser, you are only going to be able to access local files using the functionalities implicit in the WD framework.

I would also caution against the use of the ability to use a flash island to load a local file. Introducing a flash island for the rather limited functionality already provided within the WD framework is a reasonably large step - it means all your users will need flash player installed in their browsers. Some companies have recently been quite concerned about the apparently lax manner in which Adobe has been releasing security patches for its software, and the number of malicious sites that have been exploiting this vulnerability - ref [http://www.zdnetasia.com/news/security/0,39044215,62061157,00.htm] [http://www.v3.co.uk/vnunet/news/2223412/cnet-site-compromised-malware] . As such it has been my experience that where there is a institutional security mindset, that organisations have been taking the easy way out and have been removing flash player from their user's machines.

Even where organisations are not quite so security conscious/paranoid you are assuming that all users will have flash player installed, which may/may not be the case.

Use the standard UI element - it's not that bad!

Alternatively - load the file from the server not from the client PC - if it's something you want to do on initialisation of the application - you CAN do that from within a WD app!

Cheers,

Chris

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>I would also caution against the use of the ability to use a flash island to load a local file. Introducing a flash island for the rather limited functionality already provided within the WD framework is a reasonably large step

The main reason that I can see why you might want to use FlashIslands in this instance is that it allows for multiple file uploads - something that the HTML only approach doesn't allow quite so elequently (without placing more than one FileUpload UI element in the page. Of course you can acomplish the same with the ACFUpDownload (via the usage of a Java Applet written by SAP), but until 7.02 there is no file open/save dialog - which limits its functionality in this case.

On Flash in general. I've met with companies that do block Flash Player - but I've met with many more who don't and who do include it as part of their standard image. The usage of such technology is always going to be dependent upon what your company's standards/guidelines allow.

former_member574468
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

But I dont want to browse the file again. Because the user doesnt know that this is download and upload process.

This is integrated with Normal Report to WDY.

while executing this normal report it ll automatically get into WDY Application. Till now it is working fine. But i want the data from Normal Report to be transferred to WDY.

The process is I ll get the output from normal report and dowloaded that final internal table into Local PC. after that how can i get it in WDY?

This is my doubt..... Plz Clarify....

Regards,

Vimal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Try this,

instead of downloading the data into local PC file you can also store it in Component Controller Attribute or some class attribute

and you can use that attribute later to access the data in WD.

Regards

manas Dua

former_member574468
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your Immediate Reply.

But i dont know how to store the Internal table data in Component Controller Attribute or some class attribute.

Can you tell me the steps to do this task.

Regards,

Vimal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to your WD Comp Controller -

go to attributes tab -

Create an entry there with your attribute name, mark it as public and give it same type as your internal table type.

Now you can access it anywhere in your WD component with

wd_this->mv_table. " mv_table is your attribute

and in your WD view you can access it as

wd_comp_controller->mv_table.

Regards

Manas Dua

former_member574468
Participant
0 Kudos

Go to your WD Comp Controller -

go to attributes tab -

Create an entry there with your attribute name, mark it as public and give it same type as your internal table type.

Now you can access it anywhere in your WD component with

wd_this->mv_table. " mv_table is your attribute

and in your WD view you can access it as

wd_comp_controller->mv_table.

Hi,

I create one node that having all fields like internal table fields.

and i assign that into attributes tab say T_TABLE type FINAL. FINAL is nothing but our NODE Name.

after that i wrote wd_this->t_table in DOINIT() of Component Cont Controller.

But it is throwing error says that 'CHECK YOUR SPELLING'.

what i did is right or wrong?

Regards,

Vimal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

> I create one node that having all fields like internal table fields.

> and i assign that into attributes tab say T_TABLE type FINAL. FINAL is nothing but our NODE Name.

> after that i wrote wd_this->t_table in DOINIT() of Component Cont Controller.

> But it is throwing error says that 'CHECK YOUR SPELLING'.

Hi

You need to look at basic WD study material to know about attributes in WD.

Creating a node doesn't creates a data type which you can refer to later.

You can also store the data in the node, if you are not that comfortable with attributes.

if node has all the fields as of internal table and cardinality 0..N then you can use code wizard and set data to node.

In your view you can map the same node in your view context and access data again using code wizard.

Regards

Manas Dua

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check this thread:

There are couple of threads on this, search this forum for more inputs

Regards

Manas Dua

former_member574468
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried with GUI_UPLOAD Function Module in DOINIT() Mthd.

But went into dump telling that, "NOT_SUPPORTED_BY_GUI".

Can u explain me with step by step scenario with your own report.

Thanks in Advance.....

Vimal...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vimal,

You cannot upload Presentation Server data to Webdynpro directly using normal GUI FMs.

One of the better solutions would be to create a Z Class, and define a method in which the returning parameter will be the Internal Table data from the pc using the normal GUI FMs.

When it comes back to the DOINIT() method, store the same data to a context node of Cardinality 0..n/0..1 selection.

This way you can built the Internal Table data from the Presentation Server.

Regards,

-Syed.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>

> Hi Vimal,

>

> You cannot upload Presentation Server data to Webdynpro directly using normal GUI FMs.

>

> One of the better solutions would be to create a Z Class, and define a method in which the returning parameter will be the Internal Table data from the pc using the normal GUI FMs.

>

Just putting the GUI calls into a separate class doesn't work either. When running in the browser via Web Dynpro, you can't have any GUI or Control Framework calls. There is no connection to the SAPGUI.

You must use the FileUpload UI element or in NetWeaver 7.01+ - use a FlashIsland or the ACFUpDownload UI element. These are the only UI elements that allow for uploading of data from the client machine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Moderator Edited:

Removed answer for being completely incorrect informatoin. No reason to leave incorrect information here. Just a note to those posting here that don't seem to be familiar with Web Dynpro: You can not use any GUI/Control Framework features in Web Dynpro becuase there is no connection to the SAPGUI.

Edited by: Thomas Jung on Mar 9, 2010 8:16 AM