cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Validation for a wbs element

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Can someone tell me how to create a validation to make the wbs element field 'required' every time a user enters a fund belonging to a particular fund type (or fund range). Should this be created under the 'special purpose ledger' area or 'financial accounting' area or 'project systems' area. It seems to be relevant for all the three.

Please let me know.

Thanks.

Roger

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are thinking to make wbs input is mandatory,

you can go to t.code opuj and make the necessary changes as per your requirement.

regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vetri and Mahesh,

Thanks for your responses.

Vetri - I want to make the wbs a 'required' entry only for certain funds. If i wanted it across the board, then your sugggestion would have helped.

Mahesh - The above clarification applies to your reply as well. Furthermore, i did not see wbs element in the list of fields in OPUJ. (there is wbs status profile and wbs scheduling profile, but no wbs element).

Please let me know.

Thanks.

R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You should identify for which funds you want to make the WBS mandatory. Then list the corresponding G/Ls which are relevant for the identified funds.

For each of the G/L, there would be a field status group assigned. Ask your FI consultant to change the field status group such that WBS element is made required field.

Hope this answers your query.

Former Member
0 Kudos

How can i find out which gls are tied to a particular fund? is there a std report or tcode?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to discuss with your FI consultant to find out this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roger,

Your question is not clear....Based on my understanding, if you want to make some input field as manadatory....Goto corresponidng field selection customization at SPRO and make neccessary configuration for mandatory..

Appreciate if it is helpful to you...

Regards

vetri