cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use of WSRM feature of PI 7.1?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are sending Sales Invoice to legacy CRM system. We are working with ABAP Proxy -> PI 7.1 -> Web Service scenario as the legacy system can handle web services. Its an Asyn scenario.

Sales invoice is having header and body part (with probably thousands of line items). In legacy system with the help of this scenario client will update 2/3 tables, one for header and other for the line items.

Can we use WSRM feature (WS adapter) of SAP PI 7.1 in this scenario to make sure that invoice will be transferred properly even if the connection breaks while sending the same?

Thanks a lot

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>Can we use WSRM feature (WS adapter) of SAP PI 7.1 in this scenario to make sure that invoice will be transferred properly even if the connection breaks while sending the same?

WSRM works with multiple calls (assuring that they will all reach the destination)

so WSRM with one call (one message) does not give you any additional functionality

(as Stefan mentioned the message will be restarted anyway)

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response.

Clientu2019s query is:

if during the sending of the sales invoice, there occurs a break in connection than how we are going to handle the situation?

Please confirm, when the sales invoice is send through web service all the line itmes will be send at one go or each line will be treated as a separate message.

Regards

former_member206760
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the entire invoice will be sent as a seperate message..

and if there is a break in connection..

if the async message is EOIO...it will go in holding state...and if EO then will be in waiting state..

basically u dont need to worry as u will not lose the message

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot everyone for the valuable inputs.

Just to confirm,

if my sales invoice has 1000 line items and connection breaks after sending lets say 250 line items than once the connection is restored my web service will send remaining line items or it will send all line items again.

Please make me clear if I understood wrongly.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>it will send all line items again.

the first message will be treated as failed so all items again

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Is there any option with which we can send only remaining items rather than all again?

Can we use WSRM over here??

Regards

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>Is there any option with which we can send only remaining items rather than all again?

what for is the first part didn't reach ?

>>>Can we use WSRM over here??

no, as I said WSMR works with multiple messages and not with one

with WSRM if a message does not reach it will be send (in total) again

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is required that your Legacy system also supports ws-rm. Could you confirm that?

Regards,

Prateek

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Can we use WSRM feature (WS adapter) of SAP PI 7.1 in this scenario to make sure that invoice will be transferred properly even if the connection breaks while sending the same?

WSRM is not supported by most systems. So you cannot use it here.

But don't worry. Any async message will be resend, when the connection is broken.