SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECC6 - Characteristic Functionality

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All, I'm hoping someone can help me.

We are in the process of upgrading a Clothing Fashion Retailer to ECC6. They have a considerable portion of their articles created as Generic and variant articles. The characteristics and values for these were created using the characteristic transaction CT04.

However in ECC6 there is new Characteristic functionality (transactions WRFCHVALTYPE, WRFCHVAL and WRFCHVALGRP) that we would like to make use of but there does not seem to be a way to move existing Generic Articles to it. Also it seems alot of the new functionality in ECC6 requires the Generic/Variant articles to have been created using this functionality.

Creating new articles won't be a problem as we can set up new characteristics, values and profiles to use for article creation but for the generics created prior to the upgrade it does not seem possible to 'migrate' them to the new functionality.

Has anyone had any experience with upgrading to ECC6 and using the new Characteristic functionality???

Regards

Lisa

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hil Lisa -

The functionality you mention is used to store the large quantities of values for fashion retailers where there can be many many colors. Instead of entering the values in CT04 the values are stored using WRFCHVAL. These can then be grouped by selecting all values or a subset of them using WRFCHVALGRP. Your concern about the migrating the old articles i don't believe to be an issue as the same functionality exists and is only enhance with the new value storage functionality.

I am working now on an implementation and am in the process of educating the users on the functionality, I found an article - Article Master Data of ERP Retail -Deep Dive into Some Secrets - that helps explain a bit more of the details.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Paul