Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highlight dropdown by index in table control in FPM error

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a situation where I would like to point out to a user that they have to maintain a value in a dropdown field in a table control. I am trapping the error situation in the Process_Event method of the FPM in my component,

I would like to raise an FPM error to highlight this to the user. If I do this with a normal input field I can just pass the element and attribute that I want highlighting to the FPM error handler

eg:

wd_this->ao_fpm->mo_message_manager->report_bapiret2_message(
                            is_bapiret2 = ls_message-message_details
                            io_component = lo_component
                            io_element = ls_message-element
                            iv_attribute_name = ls_message-attribute_name ).

and the field is highlighted and linked to the error.

However, if the field is of a type dropdown by index, I can't seem to get it to highlight. I have tried passing the element that the dropdown text is bound to and the attribute/name of the text field, but this does not work. I even tried passing the child node name as the attribute, and the element as the parent element of the node holding the dropdown list - but unsuprisingly this doesn't work either.

Is there anyway to highlight/link a dropdown by index field to an FPM error message - or is this functionality currently unsupported? Or perhaps I am making a simple mistake somewhere?

Thanks for any suggestions!

Cheers,

Chris

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Is there anyway to highlight/link a dropdown by index field to an FPM error message - or is this functionality currently unsupported? Or perhaps I am making a simple mistake somewhere?

hi Chris,

As far as i know this functionality is not supported.I have had the same problem earlier.

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm bumping this one back up in the hope that someone might see it and have a suggestion.

Did a demo for a senior group of people of the app the other day, and they would really like that the field in the table did get highlighted like all the others do when they have an error...

Help!

Cheers,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris

Were you able to resolve this? I am facing a similar issue currently, where all other fields (input fields) are getting highlighted, but the drop down by index does not seem to be getting highlighted. (The drop down belongs to a different node/element than the other fields in the screen)

Thanks,

Puja