cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

De-activate ChaRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to clean-up Solution Manager Projects. When I try to delete one of the projects, I get the message "Project ZKATCHARM is already used in Change Request Management." So I went into the Change Requests tab under System Landscape. The "Activate Change Request Management" check-box is checked and the selection is grayed-out so I am unable to uncheck the box to disable ChaRM. I have also tried to click on "Show Task List" to see what tasks the project is expecting to be executed but the Task List is not being generated. The consultant who created this project is no longer here so I am unable to ask him what was done during creation. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I might be able to de-activate ChaRM and delete this project? Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I set up ChaRM for our BW system, after some DEMO's, management decide to post-pone the ChaRM rollout for now. My question is, how I roll-back / deactivate ChaRM for my landscape? Is there a particular process I should follow?

Jose

DoloresCorrea
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

See this SDN blog:

Change Request Management scenario: Usual questions

/people/dolores.correa/blog/2009/07/22/change-request-management-scenario-usual-questions-and-known-errors

"10. Can I delete a project with Charm activated?

Since the project has been used for Change Request Management you can not delete it anymore, for traceability reasons. "

Also you can see note 933705.

See report /TMWFLOW/PHCNTRL_DB_UTILITY->Delete all cycles of a project

Best regards,

Dolores

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are absolutely sure the maintenance cycle can be closed, you can use the following report in SA38:

/TMWFLOW/TL_COMPLETE_FORCE

enter the maintenance cycle number, decheck "list output" and check "delink cooperators"

then execute the report.

This will close the maintenance cycle even if there are any messages / errors.

Good luck!

best regards,

Jeroen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

You need to close out the maintenance cycle associated with the project first. Once you close out the maintenance cycle the 'change requests' tab will not have any value for 'tasklist' or the 'maintenance cycle'. At this point you can mark the project as 'finished' in the general data tab of the project. You cant delete the project but you can hide it and it will not be shown in solar_project_admin transaction anymore.

Closing the maintenance cycle will ensure that no new charm documents are associated to this maintenance cycle or project.

Regards,

Kriti Bhalla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for you help Kriti! I was very informative. I have 3 projects that I am trying to close. The first project has a Maintenance Cycle whose phase is "Go-Live". When I try to complete the Maintenance Cycle, I get the message "Phase change from 'Go-Live' to 'Being Completed' is not possible." Any thoughts on this? There was 1 transport associated witht eh Maintenance Cycle and I had the Basis Team delete it. In my 2nd project, the Maintenance Cycle is in the "Testing" phase. Again, it will not allow me to next phase it. No transports are associated with this project. Thanks again for your help!

Andy