cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Status Closed for Subitems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have the sales order with the Subitem functionality, that means we are using the Higher-level item in bill of material structures (VBAP-UEPOS) when we need to create a Subitem in reference to some Item.

The point is that some times I have a Primary Item, with a Subitem referenced to the Primary Item.

Some times I need to close the Primary Item without closing the Subitem, but I can't assign a Reason for rejection in the primary Item because the reason for rejection is copied automatically to the Subitem, so I need another way to close the Primary Item without affecting the Subitem related to it. I hope I have explained my problem.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Regards

Soraya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

It depends on you BOM setting.

If the main item is Priceable, deliverable & sub-item is just a text item, then you are allowed to put the rejection at main item.

If the sub-item are priceable & deliverable, & main item is text then, you can put rejection at sub item

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, but we are not using the BOM for subitems, we use the same material number in the Primary Item and in the Subitem, and they are not configured as a BOM, they have same Item Category and everything else is the same.

The purpouse of using the sales orders like this, was avoiding re-capturing sales orders, so we have the Primary Item for 10,000 LB, and we have delivered 5,000 LB to some route, as we need to deliver the remaining 5,000 LB to another route, we can add a Subitem with the same material to deliver the rest 5,000 LB to another route . This is a tipically example of how we are using the Higher-level item in bill of material structures.

Regards

Soraya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Soraya

Please confirm my understanding

You are entering primary item x - i.e item number 10

then you are entering sub-item x - i.e item number 11.

when you reject item number 10, automatically rejection is put to 11 also.

It should not be a case.

I just tried one example by creating new sale order considering above scenario.

If i put rejection to 10, it is not flowing to 11. 11 is still open.

Kindly check if any enhancement is affecting.

Also check your reason for rejection settings in SPRO.

thanks