cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drop down list with internal table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have one scenario . I can able to populate the values in drop down list for the single record.

But the issues, I have number of line items. Each line item has status which is to be appear on the as a drop down list.

Drop down list value I should not populate all the value. That has to be populated based on the current status. Prior to current status should not appear on the drop down list for each line items. That I have achieved.

But the question is, How can I move the drop down list values to the form.

Let say

number name status in drop down.

1 A 1

2 B 2

3 C 2

Number and name and status should be the same rocord. I can populate the number and name. But I dont know how to handle the status for each and every line item. If it is single line item it is working fine. Not for the multiple.

Please suggest

Thanks

GJ

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I insist you share at least something with us, my friend, or you will get no help in future, at least from the two of us. Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

solved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

in addition to the advice Otto has given you regarding helping others, it is considered polite to post how you solved your issue so that others may benefit as well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry for the late response..

I have hard coded the values through javascript and generated the drop down list.

Dropdownlist.additem("displayname","value" and the drop down list bound to the value. Values will be forwarded to and fro for the selected values on the drop down. In the form name will be appear.

Thanks

GJ

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I can recommend you to read the reules of engagement. And to behave around here or you won´t get any more help.

You can achieve this multiple ways:

a) create a list which has all possible items and for every line copy the items of the "all-items-listed" list which are suitable for this line. This way your form will have nothing redundant inside and will use only a single data source (items list) and a single function to populate all the DDs.

b) in backend you can change you data structures so there will be a table inside a table (the internal table will hold the statuses fot he line). with the propriate binding it will be very fast to implement this, but very confusing to handle the input/ output and maintain the form in future.

Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Otto,

Thanks for your response. What is rules of angagement.

But the drop down list values are same. Let say, values are in drop down A1,A2,A3, A4 and A5. Each and every line item values are changing like this...A1, A2,A3 for onle lint item..Next may be A2,A3,A4 and next may be A1,A2,A3,A4 like this...values are same..but appearing on those values are in drop down list are different for each line item.

Can you please help me out.

Thanks

GJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Otto,

Thanks for your response. What is rules of angagement.

But the drop down list values are same. Let say, values are in drop down A1,A2,A3, A4 and A5. Each and every line item values are changing like this...A1, A2,A3 for onle lint item..Next may be A2,A3,A4 and next may be A1,A2,A3,A4 like this...values are same..but appearing on those values are in drop down list are different for each line item.

I am using enumerated drop down..(dynamic binding)

Thanks

GJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the scenario. Let say, values are in drop down A1,A2,A3, A4 and A5. Each and every line item values are changing like this...A1, A2,A3 for onle lint item..Next may be A2,A3,A4 and next may be A1,A2,A3,A4 like this...values are same..but appearing on those values are in drop down list are different for each line item.

I am using enumerated drop down..(dynamic binding)

Thanks

GJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have one scenario. Offline scenario with XML schema AIF.

I can able to populate the values in drop down list for the single record.

But the issues, I have number of line items. Each line item has status which is to be appear on the as a drop down list.

Drop down list value I should not populate all the value. That has to be populated based on the current status. Prior to current status should not appear on the drop down list for each line items. That I have achieved.

But the question is, How can I move the drop down list values to the form.

Let say,

Each line item has different values..How can I move drop down values to every line item

number name status in drop down.

1 A M1

M2

M3

2 B N2

N3

N4

3 C O2

O3

O4

O5

M1,M2 and M3, N2, N3 and N4, O2, O3,O4 and O5 are drop down values respectively 1&A, 2&B and 3&C.

Number and name and status should be the same rocord. I can populate the number and name. But I dont know how to handle the status for each and every line item.

I have context with line item table and separate table for drop down with context. I context set and table operation to create the drop down list in values for single item. I want to know how to handle multiple item..Please help me out in this..I would be really thankful.

Please suggest

Thanks

GJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Every line item having different drop down list in XML schema AIF. How can I achieve this?.

Thanks

GJ