cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Effort to upgrade from GRC 5.2 to GRC 5.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We're looking to begin an upgrade of GRC 5.2 to GRC 5.3 and I've been going through all of the upgrade documentation and the associated notes for the current GRC 5.3 version. I was wondering for those that have done this upgrade if you can tell me approximately how many hours it took to not only install but test and deploy. I'm starting to build the project plan and want to know what I'm going to be looking at from an effort standpoint.

Any help that can be provided is appreciated.

Thanks!

Elizabeth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Elizabeth,

You don't need lots of effort to upgrade 5.2 to 5.3. Also, it depends on which modules of GRC Access Control are implemented at the client. Also, it also depends on how may GRC server and SAP systems need to be upgraded. Here is the breakdown:

1) Java Front-end install : 1-2 day per system for all 4 modules

2) RTA Back-end install : 1 day per system

3) Post-installation steps: 1 day per module

I can not estimate the testing timelines as it totally depends on the number of GRC servers, number of SAP systems, complexity of the implementation, features implemented etc. I would recommed you to follow the same test scripts you used for go-live of the GRC Access Control.

Regards,

Alpesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ankur and Alpesh!

0 Kudos

Hi,

Just wanted to share as well my experience. I've just completed this yesterday.

5.2 -> 5.3 - Half a day

Post Upgrade - 2 hours

Deploy latest RTA to backend system - 1 hour

As the others have mentioned, u may also need to factor in pre-upgrade activities, media downloads, screenshots et. al. Ours was so short as we only connect to our backend ERP and we didn't use AE and RE in 5.2. Functional portion allocated around 2 - 2.5 weeks as we will hook up to our other SAP systems.

Good luck

former_member366047
Contributor
0 Kudos

Elizabeth,

It does not take much time to install and deploy, since you are only replacing the front-end application. If you have an experienced Basis person, then it should not take more than 1 day to install, and maybe 2 days for post-installation.

Breakdown (assumes best-case scenarios):

Replace 5.2 with 5.3 front-end: 1 day

Upgrade to 5.3 RTA's in target systems: 1 day

Post-install configuration: 2 days

Testing: will depend on customer and what functionalities they are using and want to use in AC5.3

AC5.3 possesses new functionality, like UAR/SoD Review. So if that needs to be configured, you will have to build that into your project plan. In addition, you will need to build your testing scenarios and that will depend on your customer/client.

Ankur

SAP GRC RIG