cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All Excel formatting lost! Please help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was working on a Xcelsius file and was scrolling through the fonts in the spreadsheet (while in workspace view). Next thing I know, all of my fomatting is gone out of my Excel file. Number formatting, fill color, font color, etc. Throughout every tab. I had saved other versions of this file previously as back-up and the Excel formatting is lost in those also. I honestly don't even know how that is possible. This is really scary. Can someone please explain this to me before I waste anymore of my time?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

Probably you somehow solved this issue, but I want to share a solution.

Today I was facing the same situation. What I found out is that the IFERROR formula was causing all this trouble. Even when the Excel file shows fine (with formatting), the Excel file was imported into Xcelsius without any formatting. Then I tried deleting the worksheets with that formula, but the issue persisted.

The only solution I found was creating the Excel file again without any iferror formula and importing it again into the Xcelsius.

I also confirmed here that IFERROR is not supported

http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/xcelsius2008SP3/en/Xcelsius2008_FP3.4_release_note...

Hope this helps someone in the future.

Regards,

Liliana

former_member523706
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Same error for me with Fixpack 3.1 - already tried to delete all color formatting before importing, but didn't solve the problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does anyone of you able to fix this "Excel Formatting Lost" problem. I am facing the same issue. I am using SP4.

Regards,

Khan

Edited by: Zeeshan Sami Khan on Oct 22, 2011 2:32 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, now I have the same issue, but I'm working with Excel 2010, and the Excel format on Xcelsius 4 SP4 always lost when the file is reopened.

Any idea of how to resolve this issue permanently?

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The same is happening to me! And I am using SP3. Does any body has an idea on how to fix this? I think this may be something between Excell 2007 and 2003. The first file I created was with Excel 2003 and it still keeps the formatting. Now that I am using 2007, Xcelsius crashes all the time and the formatting is lost. I cannot go back to using Excel 2003 as I need 2007 for other work.

Any suggestions or ideas would be much appreciated.

Many thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

This just happened to me! I'm on SP3.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had not heard of that before...

Does the formatting show up when you open the XLS backups in Excel (without Xcelsius running)?

Was the formatting in the XLS files that you had exported?

If so it sounds like an Excel issue because Xcelsius only uses the embedded spreadsheet.

Regards

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

I believe that it is an Excel issue because I decided to reboot my computer after I had the issue to try and start clean. Sure enough, I received a message "Excel.exe Not Responding," even though nothing was shown to be open. The only back-ups I had saved were .xlf files. None of those retained the formats in the spreadsheets, which I cannot comprehend since they weren't open.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Although it may not apply in this case, thought I'd pass along my experience with this issue. I found in working with the early versions of XC 2008 that this problem occurred when using Excel 2007. What I found was that Excel 2007 supports a wider color palate than the earlier versions of Excel, and if I used one of the unsupported colors, for example, in doing background shading of cells, I would lose all the formating in the spreadsheet after closing and reopening the dashboard. The problem went away after I made sure to only use colors that were supported by the earlier versions of Excel.

In any case, I think this problem has now gone away with SP3.