cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Advice to Choose my Career path in SAP ..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Need your advise on taking SAP as Career path . I'm have experience of 1.8 yrs in Mainframe technology as analyst in Telecom sector and good in coding and database concepts. I'm planning to switch to SAP as Career therefore i approached siemens for assistance , They suggested to take ABAP Certification course to start SAP ABAP as career . I have some questions : Can anyone please suggest is this right path i'm choosing , How would be growth opportunities in SAP ,How is training in siemens ,Credibility on Placement assistance from Siemens , Do they consider my current CTC if at all they place , Anyways they place me as SAP ABAP fresher in case .. I want to know your experience as some of you already had certification ..<< removed >>.. Thank You ..

Edited by: Rob Burbank on Mar 8, 2010 2:41 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anyone please guide me in this regards? .. Thank you

Edited by: Srikanth_Pyaraka on Mar 9, 2010 2:12 AM

former_member184657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As many members here would agree with me that getting SAP Certified suggests that you are capable of answering muliple choice questions

On a serious note, its the experience that counts in the SAP arena. A certification does not hold much value, especially if you do not have any SAP experience. Also consider the fact that you have to dole out quite a sum of money to get certified in SAP. And considering the current job market and scope for Fresher's Certification may not have a good RoI.

But if you are patient (and rich) enough, then you can go ahead else carry on with your career in Mainframes. Good Luck

pk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Krishna , I'm planning to make SAP as Career to start with entry level with ABAP and go forward . Can you suggest me what would be growth in SAP . I understand experience really counts but everyone starts as fresher . Just want to know is present market is not suitable for SAP freshers ? If so why SISL shows us wrong assistance .. Can please clarify ..

former_member184657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Remember, SISL would have only promised "Placement Assistance" and not "Placement Guaranteed". They may set you up with a couple of interviews, but to ace it is totally your prerogative.

Not trying to discourage you, but just want you to do a thorough Cost/Benefit analysis before you take the plunge!

Talk to people who have already undertaken the Certification from there and then come to an educated conclusion. Be aware that the job market is not totally back on its feet to start recruiting Freshers just yet.

pk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Krishna ,,

Anyone who done certifcation on SAP ABAP from siemens please suggest ..

Former Member
0 Kudos

See it is totally up to you. Do a cost & benefit analysis before proceed. Job market for fresher is not on track. Many people with certification since last one year sitting without a job.