cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP certification for freshers!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus, I have a valuable question regarding my career. I am a BE (CS) fresher. I wanted to do a certification course on SAP, so the SISL told me about SAP ABAP and I have to make some huge investment there. But some seniors told me like this... 'Before going for certification I must go through ABAP course from a small institute to learn something about ABAP after that I can go for certification. Others telling me to get a job first than go for ABAP certification.'

Now I have few questions for you...

1) Will it benefit me to do ABAP certification as a fresher? How much chances are there that I will get a job?

2) A small institute is enough with ABAP course (without certification) or certification (cost huge) is required?

3) What basic knowledge I should have to go for SAP ABAP? OOP? C++? Java? SQL?

4) Can you tell me about some ABAP video tutorials available on the net?

Please help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) Will it benefit me to do ABAP certification as a fresher? How much chances are there that I will get a job?

ABAP certification is very helpful for freshers to enter into SAP field as my point of view.Lots chances are there to get a job into SAP field.But initially you would get a job in small companies.After years of experience you would get a job in big companies.

2) A small institute is enough with ABAP course (without certification) or certification (cost huge) is required?

Dont go to small institute to learn ABAP.Initially they will say that they will give placement assistance and all.but they wont and moreover they wont teach you the basics.But in authorized partner they will concentrate more in basics of abap.Without basic knowledge cant do anything in ABAP.

All.but it is not required to be known fully.Just learn the concepts.

Just goggle it..check in youtube also...

All the best for ur future..

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I have completed the certification from Siemens recently with 70%.But i didn't get a single call after this.I now regretting a bit why I have done this.

But It gives you fair knowledge.

Regards

Ravindranath Ch

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello ravi,

i am B.Tech bioinformatics fresher.would like to join SIEMENS for SAP ABAP,wat is ur suggestion,are they providing placements,is it worthy joining there...plz help me with your reply.....

Regards

bhavana

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi sasha myself harish I'm also planning to do SAP certification from siemens hyderabad

am also fresher and where you have done your certification and what happened exactly please tell me

so that i can save myself ......... does it realy worth doing certificaton in siemens and are they really gonna

provide placements after the course or not

please reply me

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

: I leaeve this question to be answered by other SAP experienced professionals.

: Please never go for any other institutes except the Authorized once as ATC training and certifications is only recognized. Any other thing will be wastage of money , Time & not legal.

: As you are a technical person, you can do it. Programming language concept & query concept is enough. Being a BE you have OOPS concept and SQL query concept, so it is ok to learn. Also I guess, ATC have already rightly suggested you on the similar lines.

: Again leaving it on the experts, but I believe if you go for certifications, you will get materials from ATC and that will be enough to guide you. Any other material will confuse you as you are new to this field and perhaps not required.

Regards

Koushik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Swathi and Koushik for your helpful info. So as I am a fresher I am not going for certification but should I go for course from private institute? Any other suggestions?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajan,

Please go for certification if you wish to do SAP. Private courses from outside other than ATC will land you up with nothing.

As a fresher one need to start some day. so if you have that intense intention to be in SAP certification is the best way.

Rgds

Koushik

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello koushik,

i have the queries like you,i think by nw u would have completed ur sap course.plz tell me through ur experiance answers to the same questions.by the way i am B.Tech bioinformatics fresher.plz do reply and help me friend.

regards,

bhavana

adarsh_babup
0 Kudos

HI Bhavana... I went through your query. Your qualification is ok. but before joining to ABAP atleast you should have some knowledge about programming and about OOPS concept. But the real task is after joining for the certificatin. Bcoz that 25 days will be most important. every single minute counts. In Strating everyone one will think its very hectic, but if you are updated with daily classses it is very easy. All d Best.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ans) Frankly speaking difficult to get job as Fresher even though u have certification.

Ans) Do Abap Course but not certification and try for Abap Fresher and One more thing

don't waste much time for a job in Abap

Ans) All, but the coding is SIMPLE

Ans) Search in Google

Edited by: d swathi on Mar 9, 2010 1:51 PM