cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

idoc to idoc xml specification example

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am a ABAP developer and have received a requirement for Writing Interface Specification. The requirement is as follows:

There are 3 outbound master data idocs MATMAS,DEBMAS & BATMAS which need to be sent from SAP (client) to XI to Warehouse. These idocs will be received by the warehouse in xml format. I need to write a specification with mappings for the XI team to do the necessary conversion of idocs to xml format. I have managed to collect all idoc related data and fields required for warehouse.I have been provided with the template for writing the specification for XI team to proceed with conversion to xml.Please advise how should i proceed?

If required, I can send the template to your email id.

If any one can help me with writing the first spec, i would manage the rest.

I simply need some sample spec to follow.

If you have some sample spec, you can even provide it to me.Kindly help.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Tejas Savla

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Normally the interface spec will be prepared by XI developer who owns the interface, with the help of functional specification document.

In the functional specification document, you can have --

1. Brief description on the interface.

2. Source structure ( your case this are standard IDOC's)

3. Target Structure ( the XML structure which the Warehouse management system will receive)

4. Mapping logic for each target field provided by the business.

Pass this informaiotn to any XI develper, he/she will do the rest

Regards

Sunil.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhakti,

The best thing would be ask the PI team itself for any naming conventions / mapping template. It should be very straight forward then.

Else create a excel sheet where you take on the left side idoc and on the right side warehouse xml schema. Then put fields which maps from idoc to the warehouse schema. Write any mapping conversion needed from idoc to target. (best thing would be ask the warehouse team the schema and sample xml files) Then map both accordingly.

You need to certain setting for the idocs to come to PI. If you do these settings then idoc will be automatically converted into idoc xml in PI. Please search for settings between sap and xi. You should see the blog for these settings.

Regards,

---Satish

former_member189420
Active Participant
0 Kudos

>

> Hi,

> I am a ABAP developer and have received a requirement for Writing Interface Specification. The requirement is as follows:

> There are 3 outbound master data idocs MATMAS,DEBMAS & BATMAS which need to be sent from SAP (client) to XI to Warehouse. These idocs will be received by the warehouse in xml format. I need to write a specification with mappings for the XI team to do the necessary conversion of idocs to xml format. I have managed to collect all idoc related data and fields required for warehouse.I have been provided with the template for writing the specification for XI team to proceed with conversion to xml.Please advise how should i proceed?

> If required, I can send the template to your email id.

> If any one can help me with writing the first spec, i would manage the rest.

> I simply need some sample spec to follow.

> If you have some sample spec, you can even provide it to me.Kindly help.

>

> Thanks & Best Regards,

> Tejas Savla

Hi Tejas,

IDocs are pulled from the SAP Back-end system onto the PI(XI) system in metadata form. You don't have to do the conversion explicitly, it is taken care! I guess your job will be done once you send the IDoc from SAP R/3 to PI (XI). It will be easy for you if you can pick up the metadata (nothing but IDoc in XML format) and try to map it with the XML that Warehouse is expecting just for the specification doc perspective.

Let me know if you need more help.

Thanks & Regards,

Anand Patil