cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table Definition Doubt in Remote Client Copy??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

While doing Remote client copy from PRD to QA I did Table Comparison & found out Table differences by Expert Settings in SCC9.A Particular field is missing in PRD for a particular table.My question after client copy that filled which is missing will be eliminated from QA or that will show null value..Whether client copy deletes the entire table in QA & then copy the table from PRD or it just add anything which is missing in the table??Please let me know the reverse case also if any field is missing in QA but it is there in PRD,how the copy will be done??

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi my friend

Remote client copy requires strictly consistent table structure between source and target client. You are not able to proceed without correcting the inconsistency. The comparison reults usually tells which field missing in which table and which requests are involved, where you could find the owner of this request is. Then go talk to him/her, see how to proceed either have it transport it into target client or delete it in the source client to have them in a consistent state.

Regards,

Effan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Effan..But while doing Local Client copy through SCCL how will I check table differences??Even if local client copy is within the same Instance but there may be some differences in the filelds & structures of indivitual clients..

Former Member
0 Kudos

For local client copy, table structure for source and target client are the same since they locate in the same data dictionary, the same workbench, client independent in the same instance. But source and target client in different instances for remote client copy, it surely requires one extra step to make sure.

Regards,

Effan

former_member198270
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ashley, Have a look at this help.sap.com link - http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm32/helpdata/en/99/0a2a8e7e2511d2a6250000e82deaaa/content.htm

which states

the structures of all tables to be copied must be identical in the source and the target system.

Remote client copy: Before the client copy process is started, a consistency check is automatically made. If inconsistencies are detected, the copy process is not started and an error message is logged. You can also perform the consistency check yourself with the RFC System Comparison pushbutton.

Client transport: If an RFC connection can be established between the systems, you can use the report RSCLICHK to compare the structures. If they differ, transport errors and inconsistencies may occur. You can run the program directly in the transaction SCC8 with the RFC System Check pushbutton.

Hope it helps.

Regards, Amber S | ITL

Answers (0)