cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance Problem due to number of user connection

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the last days, I have notice in my system that the number of user connection has been increased a lot, maybe from 400 user connection to 800 user connection. I also have notice that the users are not responsible with theirs executions, and the same user (not administrator) could have 20 connection in the AL08. This is a Business Reporting System so the only access that the users have is to execute queries (Web reporting, Bex Analyzer or from Portal across a Federate Portal).

My question is: Is there any way to restrict this number of concurrent user connection, I mean is possible restrict that the same user open or user more than X connections? or is there any way to restrict that an user execute at the same time more than X queries?

Regards

Juanpa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member197561
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can limit the number of users in following way:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/49/78db666a5d423ae10000000a421938/content.htm

Best regards,

Sylvia

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

From the problem statement I understand that you want to limit the number of user login's per user. But as you mentioned users are connecting to your system from different sources like using Bex or from portal and other, may be your problem is different. Did you check the login time for all the sessions for one user who got maximum number of sessions. Because, due to various bug's though the user logged off from the system, still you see his/her session's in am04/al08. so that can you confirm that your situation is not that. Generally no user will have the necessity to have 20 sesion's or screens.

If hung user session's are the problem for you then you need to look at a different solution rather looking to restrict number of user login's. More over most of the user sessions to the reporting(BW) system while user's pulling their report's, it will be RFC login. If you try to restrict the RFC login's(not sure if we have this provision), it will lead to different problems.

Thanks & Regards,

N.Amarnath

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

Please check this [thread |http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/EP/Limiting%2bNumber%2bof%2bUsers%2bLogged%2bOn] and [blog|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/5420] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]; for limiting access in he portal

Regards,

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the quick reply but that is not what I'm looking for. That will control the total number of user that can log on in the server, but what I'm locking for is limit the number of connection that the same user can do in the server. I mean, in the AL08 I can see that the same user have more than 20 connections in the server and they are not due to all request that has not been released due to the expiration time, it are because the user click several time in the same query or open different queries at the same time. So what I'm trying to found is limit the possibility of the user to execute a determinate number of connection, that an user was not able to open more that 5 connection in a server or something like that. Or that the user was not able to execute several queries at the same time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This any good to you .....

Mark

/message/5768358#5768358 [original link is broken]

Former Member
0 Kudos

In that message, talk about a similar issue, but the 2 link provided not solve what we are talking about, http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/b9/665b42cfca5542e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

this one seem that control the number of concurrent users that can execute a web module, but I do not want limit the web module, that will affect to all the user, I want limit the number times that the same use access to the same or diferent modules concurrently.

My issue is no directly in Portal, the connection open are in the Business Reporting System, the queries are executed in Portal, it connect to the federate portal that is a BW portal and the query is executed there. The multiple connection are displayed in the AL08 in the BW system, and that is what I need to control, the number of simultaneos connection that the same user can open, and we are not talking about GUI session because they do not use GUI.

So I need to control that one user execute the same query multiple times at the same time, or multiples queries at the same time. I do not want to control that a query only could executed at the same time by 20 user but I do not want that a user execute the same querie at the same time 20 times.