SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deactivating a standard function module

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can I deactivate a standard function module? I am looking at deactivating the FM attached to event 3030 in ISU.

Regards,

Sameer

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Create a new Z function module (copy of event 3030) and attach this new function module in the event 3030.

Delete the standard SAP code from the Z function module.

When ever this 3030 event triggers at that time no code will be executed.

Regards,

Siva Bontha

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Sameer:

No you cannot - oitherwise it would be the same as a modification. There are events which are used solely by SAP development to ensure the proper behavior of the system, and this is one of them.

regards,

bill.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sameer,

The event 3030 does not have the additional function option enabled (it is the check box next to the sample function module name in FQEVENTS transaction against this event).

If this indicator is not set, then only one function module will be called with the following preference. First, the customer-specific function module if any. If no customer-specific function module found, then application-specific function module will be called. If no application-specific function module found, then sample function module will be called.

So if you create a dummy Z function module and attach in event 3030, then this Z function module will be called instead of ISU_SAMPLE_3030.

Thanks,

Sakthi.

0 Kudos

Oops - Sukthi is correct - I had a lapse there. I had thought that the 'No customer module' was flagged. Only in that case can you not customize the event, usch as for event 1100.

Please see also the thread for more information on events.