Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transporting Web Service Provider

former_member189420
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a doubt regarding transporting a provider web service. Consider I have created a web service provider P and a consumer C in development. Now if I transport the P and C to quality, the consumer in quality will be pointing to the Provider in development. Please let me know how to make the the consumer point to the provider in quality.

Thanks & Regards,

Anand Patil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Consumer(Source) --> XI/ PI --> Provider(target)

When you say you have moved the Consumer to QA/ PROD, it would also happen that the corresponding Provider has also moved the web service to corresponding environment (QA/ PROD).

So now you will have a new URL for the Provider (WSDL will not change...only Target URL will change). Now you have to contact the provider and ask the developers to provide you with the URL of the QA/ PROD system....once you get the details just update the receiver channel accordingly.

Regards,

Abhishek.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>Please let me know how to make the the consumer point to the provider in quality.

how did you implement it ?

we usually leave the URL as a parameter so it can be changed on every env

if you don't have the URL as a parameter you need to change it anyway somehow on each landscape

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

former_member189420
Active Participant
0 Kudos

>

> Hi,

>

> >>>Please let me know how to make the the consumer point to the provider in quality.

>

> how did you implement it ?

> we usually leave the URL as a parameter so it can be changed on every env

> if you don't have the URL as a parameter you need to change it anyway somehow on each landscape

>

> Regards,

> Michal Krawczyk

Appreciate your response.

The consumer service is created using the WSDL file of the Provider. The classes are generated and all that stuff happens using the wizard. But, when the provider has changed it's address i.e. it's location (as the provider is now on the QAD). How is that the consumer, if transported to QAD from DEV, will point to the Provider of QAD? or what is the standard procedure to follow to set the pointers right?

Just to increase the intensity of the issue what if there are multiple consumers. How to go about it? Is there any standard procedure to follow....?

Thanks & Regards,

Anand Patil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anand,

Since the properties (hostname, port etc) are different for each system you need to create manually for each system. I dont think you have any automatic process for this.

Regards,

---Satish

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
How is that the consumer, if transported to QAD from DEV, will point to the Provider of QAD? or what is the standard 
procedure to follow to set the pointers right?

The pointing to a particular environment does not happen automatically and once the transport has been done we have to manually enter the end-system specific details again in the respective channels (no matter it be SOAP/ FILE/ PROXY).....and for this reason we have the ID sectiona editable (IR is not editable....conditions apply).

This is the normal procedure.