cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Adapter-handling erroneous files and let channel continue to poll file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Even tough there is not an out-of-the-box solution in PI, I'd like to hear your suggestions. When having a file sender communication channel to pick and send files, there are cases where we get errors at the adapter level. These errors are generally due to errors in the file, which will, for example, lead to conversion errors. When this happens, this communication channel will present us an error and will continuously try to pick the erroneous file till we fix the error in that file. Now imagine the situation where in the same folder you have another 1000 files to be picked up and these are all right. Despite this fact, the communication channel will continue to be in an error state till it can process the first file. My question is, what's your generic and standard solution to automatically place this erroneous file in an erroneous folder directory enabling the communication channel to process the other 1000 files?

Thank you for your suggestions.

Goncalo Mouro Vaz

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

did you try option: Archive Source Files with Errors

I never used it frankly saying but shouldn't this one do what you need?

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Michael,

Thank you for your quick reply and for your valuable suggestion Perfect solution, wasn't aware of this out-of-the-box solution, it serves my purposes successfully.

Rajesh, thank you also for your input.

Gonçalo Mouro Vaz

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As said above...that option need to be utilised in case of error files....

search SDN if need more details...and coming to the second u mentioned that if 1000 files are there for processing and waiting...

if file adapter criteria for processing the file matches and if file is correct then those files will get processed inspite of one error file also...

Hope this clears your queries...

HTH

Rajesh