cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation and adjustment of table BSEG.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We were in the middle of the support pack implementation in our SANDBOX ECC 6.0 system when we reached the step "TBATG activation of DD-objects". Here the step conversion of BSEG table was stuck. After referring to the note 1283197 we raised a message to SAP but unfortunatley they came up only with database restoration as a solution. This was not feasible to us and ultimatetly we had reset the queue and apply the OSS note 1283197. Now we are on the last step of the execution where we need to activate and adjust the table BSEG through se14.

Has anyone tried to activate and adjust before and can tell us how much will it take?

It has already crossed 70000 secs and we are waiting for this activation job to complete before we can apply rest of the support packs.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello my friend

I would come up with the same answer as SAP, unfortunately, BSEG is a cluster table not a transparent one. It only exists as a runtime object, there's no replicated record you could retrieve once it's corrupted. What error is it in SE14 table check?

Regards,

Effan

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ALL,

Activation and adjustment of table BSEG finally got finished after 188000 secs.

After this we were successfully able to apply to all the patches into our sandbox system.

Thanks everyone for their valuable time and opinions.

Thanks & regards,

Rozal

Former Member
0 Kudos

@EFFAN

In Se14, step 1 Initialization is completed successfully but next steps were in error.

The job is still running for over 1 lac secs now.

Also, today I can see an update in the log:-

Number of inserts ..................: 367.730

Number of inserted tuples ..........: 59.204.511

Internal size of a tupel/byte.......: 3.264

Number of non-inserted duplicates .: 0

Number of executed commits .........: 11.492

Array size used ....................: 161

Speed in tupel/min..................: 57.263

Speed in bytes/sec..................: 3.115.123

Data loaded from BSEG to QCMBSEG

Step BSEG-STEP2 executed successfully

Thanks & regards,

Rozal

volker_borowski2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hi,

>

> This was not feasible to us and ultimatetly we had reset the queue and apply the OSS note 1283197. Now we are on the last step of the execution where we need to activate and adjust the table BSEG through se14.

>

> Has anyone tried to activate and adjust before and can tell us how much will it take?

>

> It has already crossed 70000 secs and we are waiting for this activation job to complete before we can apply rest of the support packs.

Well,

I am not so sure if "resetting" the queue after reaching the conversion was an all too good idea.

(Whatever you mean with "resetting" (interrupting?), following which (documented(?) procedure)

At least Note 1283197 (if applied beforehand) should avoid the conversion.

Since you are still doing a conversion ... I have no idea about the state your system is in right now.

We ran in the same problem on a small system and the conversion took some 10 hours.

Check RFBLG and QCM*BSEG in DB02 and compare the sizes.

Our QCMBSEG was about 3,5 times the size of RFBLG (1,3 GB) when ST04 showed it did

begin Re-inserting from QCM into RFBLG.

First you will see SELECTS on RFBLG and INSERTs in QCMBSEG

Them you will see DELETEs in RFBLG

Then you will see SELECTS in QCMBSEG and INSERTs in RFBLG

Watch esp. if you run into UNDO or TEMP shortage

Good luck

Volker