Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SM51

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We are testing a cluster and have the following issue:

When we are stopping a cluster node ( with running SAP system on it ) "hard", we can see the

sap ( dialog ) applicaton server always in TA SM51, but it isnt available anymore, because the

cluster node is physically down.

When we stop the sap-system with the start/stop scripts, we see, that the dialog instances get

the "shutdown" status and few seconds later, the stopped application server is - correctly - not shown

in TA SM51 oder SMLG.

So it seems , that the dialog appservers disconnects correctly from the message-server and show the

right status in SM51 and SMLG.

Does anybody knows, how SAP checks the status of the application servers in TA SM51 oder SMLG

and how long it takes, that the status in TA SMLG oder TA SM51 is shown correctly !?

Kind regards

Andreas Laaser

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi my friend

Please do NOT shutdown cluster node directly, the right sequence of shutdown would be stop DI --> stop CI --> shutdown cluster node, and reverse it as starting sequence.

Starting speed of application server depends on how many work processes configured and CI+DB performance, dispatcher of application server reports to message server and enqueue server of CI for start request, allocating memory takes longer depends on the hardware. For 46C or early releases, it could take 5-20mins to start. As of 640, I haven't seen it takes more than 10mins. Is it helpful?

Regards,

Effan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friend,

we only wanted to shutdown one cluster node to check the behaviour of out clustersoftware and wanted to simulate a hardware crash.

I wanted to know the time period for disconnecting an ( anavailable, after hard shutdown ) server in sm51/smlg.

The ( dialog ) application server is physically shutdown, but alway apperrs in SM51/SMLG.

When we stop the server with stopsap/startsap scripts., the server disconnects from message server after a few secondes and shows the status "shutdown" in SM51 and then dissappears ...

Andreas

Answers (0)