cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GRC precautions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SDN,

We have SAP ERP system which is on 4.6c and SAP business objects GRC implemented in other standalone box. We are now upgrading to ECC 6.0 . my question what are the changes and precautions we need to take care when we upgrade our ERP system so that our GRC setup doesn't get affected.

Regards!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guru!!

former_member192417
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu

If you are using Process Control then install the PC RTA for ECC 6.0 system and check the connector mapping in IMG @GRC box.

Regards

Debraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for your replies!!

Other than upgrading RTA on ECC 6.0, do we need to /reset/revisit/recheck Rule set. why i am asking this question is some of the Ztransactions which are in SAP 4.6c may not work ECC 6.0 and some transactions may become obselete, then what care should be taken!!

Any changes to SoD are also mandatory please let me know due to the changes to the work processes. RFC destinations also should be changed

Thanks SDN!! for all the inputs

Regards!!

former_member771067
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

You are saying that you have Ztransaction Codes and some of them are not going to exist. So I guess, your ruleset might have been customized as well. Though in market place we'll get the Global Rule Set, which is delivered along with the AC software (predefined one). It may not meet all your business requirements. it's better to have a back up of the current rule set. I suggest you to download the same and keep it for further comparison and analysis. Hope it'll helpful for you in postupgrade scenario.

Coming to RFC destination, in general there won't be any change after upgrade. But it's better to take screenshots of all the RFC destination and their configuration details and keep it with you. If any RFC doesn't work properly after upgrade, it'll help you to check and rectify the same.

All the very best.

Regards,

Gurugobinda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu, Yes you need to revisit the rule sets after upgrade for the customized rules created for Z tcodes by simply deactivating the rules for which tcode is obsolete and modify ruleset with new objects that are introduced after upgrade if any.

But make sure to take the rule set/mitigation control tables backups to compare after upgrade.

After upgrade all the rfc destinations should work if there is no system level change (app server name, system no etc.).

Regards

former_member366047
Contributor
0 Kudos

Madhu,

You will need to upgrade the RTA in your new target SAP system, which will be your ECC system.

Ankur

SAP GRC RIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Latha,

During the upgrade of 4.6C to ECC 6.0, make sure the Access Control RTA on this system also upgraded along with other components of 4.6C system.

RTA related to ECC 6.0 is available on Software Distribution Center under "SAP Installation & Upgrade" tab.

Best Regards,

Sirish Gullapalli.