SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posting from FICA to another instance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it at all possible to post directly from SAP FICA or CD in one instance to SAP FICO in another instance or should the initial posting be done in the SAP FICA instance and the transfer it via I-docs or something similar to FICO in the other instance?

Rgrds,

Arnoud

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Arnoud:

The second approach is the correct one - you can make use of idocs to communicate GL postings form one system to the consolidated system. There must be GL in the same system as the FICA so that reconciliation can be done. SAP has many clients who use distributed landscape with GL idocs.

regards,

bill.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Arnoud:

The second approach is the correct one - you can make use of idocs to communicate GL postings form one system to the consolidated system. There must be GL in the same system as the FICA so that reconciliation can be done. SAP has many clients who use distributed landscape with GL idocs.

regards,

bill.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx, your answer corresponds exactly with what I was already thinking and what I was saying at the project I'm working on.

Rgrds,

Arnoud