cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAM 2.5 Functionality Syncronize questions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all, I have a couple questions about synchronizing using MAM2.5.

1. When I synchronize from the PDA, is there anyway to confirm on the PDA WHAT data has been sent to the middleware? Is there a log that I can analyze of what actual data was being sent?

My current workaround is to check the Middleware monitor tool, and then to check the R/3 system that the data got there. That seems to be a lot of places just to check. I'd only like to check in one place, preferably on the PDA.

2. When sending/receiving data I synchronize multiple times. At least 2 - 5 times. Is there way to send and receive all data with only one synchronization? Having to always enter your password multiple times and sync multiple times is very repetitive.

Please advise. Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex

1. By default all your changes are sent to the middleware in the next sync. The only way that this would not be possible is if you have a OutDeltaObserver and disabling the Delta from being sent. Otherwise it would definitely go to the middleware on next sync.

2. If you are using asynchoronous syncbos, you can convert them to synchronous syncbos, this can be changed in the middleware in MEREP_SBUILDER. Every syncbo has a checkbox which indicates if it is asynchronous, you could uncheck that.

Alternatively, every download request can be changed to synchronous by setting the following for each syncbo descriptor

SmartSyncRuntime.getSyncBoDeltaRequestFacade().getSyncBoDeltaRequest(syncBoDesc).setProcessing(SyncBoDeltaRequestType.DIRECT_REQUEST);

For your OutDeltas you can write an OutDeltaObserver which changes the send type.

A third option would be to enable repetitive sync

This would call sync repetitively without the user intervention

The parameters are

MobileEngine.Sync.RepetitiveSyncEnabled = true

MobileEngine.Sync.TimeBetweenRepetitiveSyncs = <time between syncs in milliseconds>

MobileEngine.Sync.MaximumNumberOfRepetitiveSyncs = <number of syncs to be called>

Oh by the way you can disable you sync password with the following parameter

MobileEngine.Security.Synchronization.PasswordHandlingOption = local.

This would never ask you for your password during sync but your login password must be the same as your sync password.

Hope you found this useful, incase something is not clear I would be happy to explain it in more detail.

Happy Syncing (Not so much now;) )!

Karthik

Message was edited by: Karthik V Setty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

Since you are using MAM, you can also do another setting.

You will find ALMConfig.properties in the following location

MI\webapps\MAM25\WEB-INF\classes

This file has two parameters.

UPD_SYNCTYPE=ASYNC

DWN_SYNCTYPE=ASYNC

If you change UPD_SYNCTYPE=SYNC all your deltas would be synchronous

If you change DWN_SYNCTYPE=SYNC all your download requests you be synchronous

MAM basically has implemented what I have mentioned above.

Best Regards,

Karthik

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Karthik and Rahul.

I have tried your suggestions, and they have resolved my problems with syncronizing. I appreciate your feedback, and have awarded points accordingly.

I just wanted to make one clarfication with setting the sync password.

Instead of: MobileEngine.Security.Synchronization.PasswordHandlingOption

It should be:MobileEngine.Security.SynchronizationPasswordHandlingOption

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

You are right.

The correct parameter is MobileEngine.Security.SynchronizationPasswordHandlingOption

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

There is a transaction merep_log which keeps track of what operation have been performed, quite similar to the logs in the monitor tool. However, they will not show what data is sent to the client.

The better option is to check the merep_504 table. This table is the outbox for the middleware from where the client pick ups the data.

For your second problem, repetitive synchronization, as suggested by Karthik, would be the solution.

However, instead of using

MobileEngine.Security.Synchronization.PasswordHandlingOption = local.

use

MobileEngine.Security.Synchronization.PasswordHandlingOption = once.

You will have to enter the sync password only once, but is advisable for security reasons to have two different passwords than one.

Regards,

Rahul

Message was edited by: Rahul Gavande