cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

abap API config

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to config the abap API on my MDM 7.1. In my MDM Config file mds.ini add the following info :"SAP RFC Gateways= GWHOST=10.140.105.72 GWSERV=SAPGW00 Trusted SAP Systems=ET1:10.140.105.72" my ECC info is : application server:10.140.105.72 system NUM: 00 SID: ET1 . When I configed the other things use the TCODE :MDMAPIC step by step .I test the RFC connection occur aerror the message is "ERROR: program 10.140.105.72.MDS not registered". how can i correct it ? by the way my MDM system and ECC system on the same Server has the Same IP. Thanks a lot

Edited by: eric xiaodong on Mar 8, 2010 11:25 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I configure the MDM Server by the the document "MDM ABAP API Guide" ,and check it again ,but the problem still exist. Would you help me to exist it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

You must create an rfc destination as mentioned in this blog in sap system:

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/29/configuring-the-sender-rfc-adapter--step-by-step

Once you create this destination go to transaction smgw and register the created program over there.

Regards,

---Satish

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Satish,

As per my knowledge, This RFC destination will be created automatically once we define and save MDM Server configuration in MDMAPIC transaction.

Regards,

Shiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Eric,

As shiv mentioned please ignore my previous reply.

Shiv,

If we see its not automatic actually. What we are doing is configuring the same rfc destination using MDMAPIC transaction --> by choosing mdm repository and then rfc destination. If we create sepeartely then we can use it here. Thats my intention. (Page 18 SAP MDM 7.1 API Guide)

Regards,

---Satish

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Satish,

This is good knowledge addition. I thought RFC destination will be created automatically always and There will never be need of manual intervention (unless changing special options or gateway options), and The name of the RFC Destination will be derived from the MDM Connection Name.

Please can you provide us link for ABAP API guide in document format as I am not able to Find one. It may have some more information about this error.

Many Thanks,

Shiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes shiv you are correct. Unless you need to change it is taken automatically. Please see this help:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwmdm71/helpdata/en/44/93aa6e31381053e10000000a422035/frameset.htm

The same help is in the format of zip fle in market place. You can also downlaod it.

Regards,

---Satish

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Satish,

I am looking for PDF/ZIP version and I can't find it in SMP. Please can you provide me link.

Regards,

Shiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiv,

I sent to your mail.

Cheers,

Satish

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Execute transaction SMGW in your ABAP system to check whether the MDM Server is properly registered. To do so, choose Goto ® Logged on clients and verify that the MDM Server host appears on the list. If not, check the logs on the MDM Server (use MDM Console to check MDS_Log), to see whether gateway registration was successful, and if not, which errors occurred.

Regards,

Shiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The value you entered in Mds.ini seems fine to me.

Please check:

You have used the parameter SAP RFC Hostname in the mds.ini file then make sure that you enter the same value in Host Name of RFC Destination.

When you save an MDM Server Connection, an RFC connection is automatically created by the system. The name of the RFC Destination is derived from the MDM Connection, and the Registered Server Program is derived from the Host Name.

Also, check the logs on the MDM Server (use MDM Console to check MDS_Log), to see whether gateway registration was successful or not.

Hope it helps..

Thanks and Regards,

Mandeep Saini