cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Master inspection characteristic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

if a characteristic has two unit of measures then how can we manage it .e.g, if we test temperature with one method then unit will be centigrade and we same characteristic is tested by another method then unit of measure is farenhiti. please guide me how can we manage this type of characteristics.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Basically, you can only have one UOM per MIC. So it is not possible to do what you are trying to do.

What most of the posters here are saying is that you should,

1) pick one form of the mic or the other. Have the techs in the lab always use the same one. It prevents lab errors if the techs know they always record in either C, or F. You should of course select as the lab standard the one you report out most often to customers.

2) which ever is the standard for the lab, create a calculated characteristic of the other. Where you have to report the form that the techs don't record in, add the calculated characteristic to the plan. It will then always be calculated for the techs.

FF

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Shoiab

In the case if you dont know the method of testing when the inspection lot is created the only way can be to maintain 2 mics. one for degree and another one for Farenhiet.

Regards

Gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You will have to make the conversion and put the results in any one unit.

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

where i have to make the conversion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Suppose unit of MIC is degree.And you are getting the results in farenhit.You just convert it to degree out of SAP and while putting in SAP, put the results in degrees.

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear vishal,

yar in sap i want to record characteristic in both units some time in degree c and some times in farenhit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

If this is the case then maintain the calucalted characteristics for the othe MIC in other unit of measure

Amol