cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to see Project Cost Plan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I created a simple project with proper work center(Ren1) and activity type(ABCD), my work center also has a proper Cost Center.

However my project is still not showing me any cost and I get a warning msg : "Work center REN1 in plant 1300 has no cost center". As I tried to release the activities, the warning is getting converted into an error.

Please help me to know, how can I see my costs?

Thanks,

Manish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you do some checks in following sequence:

1) Price Planning (KP26) done for activity type and cost center for current period ?

2) Have you maintained the formula in work center to calculate the cost ?

3) Is the same activity type is getting defaulted in internal activity tab when you are inserting the work center ?

4) Is the activity has control key PS01 ?

5) If all above steps are correct, also verify in work center where you can simulate if cost calculation is happening or not ?

If one of the above things is missing, you might get error while cost calculation.

Regards,

Mahendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mahendra,

Thanks for the reponse and step-by-step explaination.

Can you elaborate a bit on step 3 and Step 5?

3) Is the same activity type is getting defaulted in internal activity tab when you are inserting the work center ?

5) verify in work center where you can simulate if cost calculation is happening or not ?

All other steps are correct in my project.

Please Help,

Thanks,

Manish

Edited by: mash215 on Mar 8, 2010 11:49 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

3) Is the same 'activity type' is getting defaulted in internal activity tab when you are inserting the work center ?

= When you enter the work center on internal activity in the proejct, it will dafault the activity type from work center if you have maintained one.If it is defaulting, that means it is coming from work center and the data maintained.

5) Verify in work center where you can simulate if cost calculation is happening or not ?

= In work center, costing tab, there are few icons at the bottom screen. One of the pushbutton is "test formula"(4th icon from left hand side), once you click inside you can put some value for work and check if the cost calculation is happening. This is good way to verify if cost calculation is happening or not.

Hope I answered your question.

Regards,

Mahendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mahendra,

In my case it is not defaulting any activity and in the test formula option, it does calculate some values.

Can you suggest what else can I do to see cost plan appearing?

Thanks,

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

You will have to run the forecast cost update using CJ9L. It will pick up the forecast remaining work hours from the activity and calculate the total cost at completion. It updates these cost in a forecast cost version. Check what is the cost version for forecast in your case.

Regards,

Mahendra

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

forecast version is not relevant for this.

Plan cost in version 0 must appear if all the settings are correct

Check if your control key PS01 has cost ticked

Also check in you network what are the costing variants for plan

It is not possible that in SAP if all the settings mentioned in this thread are correctly set up that you will not see costs - so check again - otherwise there is something seriously wrong with your system and I would suggest open a message with SAP to check it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot to all of you,

The problem was very simple and stupid. Date in Work center - Costing tab was not intune with the project.

Thanks for all the value addition.

Manish

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check your Cost Center Master Data

1. Whether you have given Cost center in your Workcenter Master Data or not ?

2. If you have mentioend cost center in work cneter Master data than check your costcenter master data, your cost center is assgined to company code in that company code your workcenter plant 1300 may not be falling.

Please correct this combination.

With Regards

Nitin P.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Nitin,

Thanks for the help, however I would like you to help me with the T-Code for "Cost Center Master Data" and "Workcenter Master Data".

I have maintained CNR1/2 with proper CC and Formula. I have also maintained prices for the activities in KP26.

Do Reply

Thanks,

Manish

Edited by: mash215 on Mar 8, 2010 11:50 AM

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to maintain the work centre master data correctly

in the costing tab - make sure you have cost centre and activity type, with SAP008

in KP26 you also need to maintain a rate for a combination of cost centre and activity type ABCD