Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grouping of customer codes

former_member660811
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Is there any provision in SAP where we can group the customer codes. I would brief the requirement. We are creating a web portal for which some customer have taken orders in different names.but when the access is to be given, it will be for a single group thro which they can access the details for their group.

Thanks in advance

Sivarajesh. J

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

aramsum
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

You can actually achieve this by creating the additional customer groups.(KNVV-KVGR1,2,3,4,5)... PATH TO Create these are sprosdmasterdata-business partners-customerssales.MAINTAIN RESERVE FIELDS IN CUSTOMER MASTER. And assign your customer to one of these groups in VD02EXTRASADDITIONAL DATA-- CUST CLASSIFICATION1/CUSTOMER GROUP1. Kindly please let me know If you need any more Information on this.

Regards,

Ram Pedarla

former_member660811
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Ram,

PLease explain me how to go ahead in this.

1) Please tell me how many possible customer groups can be created with this ?

2) ) My requirement is like we have customers, who would have taken orders in their group concerns name. so we want to bring them under a single group.

3) I have created the customer group as per yr instructions. But hw to use this.. in other words wat way it is significant

Thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You maintain this in customer master. These fields like customer group, customer classification are used for reporting purpose.

Like if you want to see any report for the customer which are retailers. Then that time you can maintain customer group in customer master for each customer so that all these customers would be automatically grouped and report will show customers whose cust, group is retailers

Hope you get some inputs

regards,

sagar

aramsum
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

You can create upto "5" customer groups. These can be used to group customers based on your own criteria. You can get all the statstics for each of these groups. But do not forget to maintain the correct customer group in the customer master(xd02--extras-additional data). Kindly please let me know If you need any more Information on this.

Regards,

Ram Pedarla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sivarajesh,

You can use customer Hierarchy in that case -> T-code --> VDH1N

Hope it helps,

Regards,

MT

former_member660811
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear MT<

Can you please ecplain the process in details.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Various options are availble to grouping customer, examples are as

Group on basis of account group - Domestic, Export etc.

On basis of industry sector - Retailer, wholsalers

On basis of price list - Wholsale ,retail,trade etc.

Kapil