cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetWeaver 7.0 EHP1 SR1 installation/upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we are facing the problem of upgrade our existing R/3 4.7 non-Unicode (RHEL4 x86, Oracle) to NetWeaver 7.0 EHP1 SR1 Unicode (RHEL5 x86_64, Oracle). I've found a guide for SAP Basis 6.20 -> SAP NetWeaver 7.0 Combined Upgrade & Unicode Conversion, however, this deals with upgrade of existing system. We would like to do a fresh install of NW 7.0 and load it with data.

First I did an export of source system (R/3). Then I started SAPinst of NW 7.0 EHP1 SR1, used the System Copy step for AS ABAP and provided the previously done export of R/3 as the data to import. The installation stopped at the last but one step "Start instance". In dev_w0 file I found line saying something like "R/3 not supported with this 7.0 kernel".

My question is, is there a way to do such upgrade/Unicode conversion as we are trying (means, fresh installation of NW 7.0 Unicode, just loaded with R/3 non-Unicode data), or is there necessary to upgrade existing system?

Many thanks in advance

Best regards,

Tomas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is a need to upgrade the system the regular way as stated in corresponding CU&UC guide.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try using latest kernel...

If it fails switch between old and new kernel during installation...

Regards.

Rajesh Narkhede