cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Building dynamic MII XML documents in BLS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I am a little bit stuck and hope someone might be able to shed some light on what is happening...

I'm creating a MII XML document in BLS, I first use the Doc action block, then use a repeater to generate my columns, then use a row block to create my row then I use repeaters to parse through an XML to generate each data item block.

The issue I'm getting is after I create my columns and row, there are default null values placed in each data item. When the transaction gets to my data item block it looks like its appending the value after the null values ( either '---' or 'NA' depending on sqldatatype) to its corresponding XML node...

I find this totally strange because the data item blocks should be replacing the null values for that particular node and not appending the value after the null values?

I'm not sure how I can make it clearer... no real way to express BLS flow is there? All my column/row/data item blocks have the Document action block as its Document Object and the overall XML file is being built correctly, it just has null values pre-pended my data values...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So you've run Tracer actions on the document and everything looks good before and after the data item sequence(s), except that the values within your row all have null prefixes? Anything odd with your link to the Data Item Value?

What version/build number of MII?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeremy,

12.1.4 Bulid(53) is what I'm using, what I'm noticing is that when I create my XML document, then create columns and rows (based on repeater blocks iterating over the source XML input I'm manipulating) each time I add a data item (in the configure section I just put any Name value since it won't let me create an empty column initially, but then I link in the proper name in link configuration), the values appear to have a null value prepended with the value item I link in my data item.

So if I am creating consecutive data items with the same Name, for that particular node I'll get something like:

<blah>-TEST-TEST</blah>

Settings for my data item are:

Document Object -> points to Document XML block . output

Data Item Properties = name = DataItem

In link config:

I link Name = an expression to a repeater action block's item node with a dynamic link in the expression

Value = link to repeater action block item node

If I put a successive data item block with the same configuration I notice the value of that XML node in the tracer output to have null prepended to the value that I specified.

All my XML blocks have document output configured to link to the document XML action block's output.

General logic is I create all my columns first, then iterate through each row (creating a new row node at a time) then creating data items for each column.

Haven't tested this in 11.5 since I just worked around this by using an XSLT to remove the offending nulls that the previous poster pointed out! Was going crazy that I thought I had forgotten how to do this simple thing!

Edited by: Danny Yee on Mar 10, 2010 2:17 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Danny,

If your XML is an output of a query on which you are iterating, then make all the null, "NA", "---" values to empty. There is an XSL available in sdn(Follow the link below) which you can apply on the query output.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/70628af0-8ec4-2c10-7da2-f451e412dd8f

Apply this xsl transformation to the query output. May be this works.

Regards,

Raj