cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GOS attachment error "Include file in PC application. Try again"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am working in a project wher we are using IXOS for content management.

I am facing a problem when I attach documents in Nomination (tcode o4nsn) using GOS.

We got this error when we try to attach a document having single quote ( ' ) and eqal sign (=) in its naming convention.

The error is "Include file in PC application. Try again". This error doesn't appear when we attach a document that does not contain these two special charaters.

These attachments are SAP office attachments.

Can anyone please help in solving this issue.

Thanks.

Richa

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

issue is resolved

Former Member
0 Kudos

how ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Christoph

I check the CSADMIN tcode setting, as we are using external content server it showing an error HTTP Error: 501 Not implemented.

When I go to tcode SKPR08 to check the setting for linkage of class SOFFPHIO to SOFFHTTP and SOFFDB. I found that

SOFFDB is defined as previous category and SOFFHTTP as new category. We are migrating data from SAP to IXOS content server(external content server).

In table SDOKPHCL the class SOFFPHIO is pointing correctly towards SOFFDB and also table SDOKPHCL_C is holding an entry in which class SOFFPHIO is pointing towards SOFFHTTP.

As we are using external content server for storing, will be able to migrate our data to external content server after doing these changes. Can you please tell me some more about tables SDOKPHCL and SDOKPHCL_C.

And how a document having single quote ( ' ) and (=) in its naming convention are effected by these changes.

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Richa,

based on your description I would kindly ask you to check the repository settings in transaction CSADMIN transaction. Please check the content server manual and maintain the settings properly.

From similar customer message it seems that the issue points to the linkage of class SOFFPHIO to SOFFHTTP instead of SOFFDB. Please check also table SDOKPHCL and see if the class SOFFPHIO is pointing correctly towards SOFFDB and if the table SDOKPHCL_C holds an entry in which class SOFFPHIO is pointing towards SOFFHTTP. In such a case the customizing table entry overlaps the older entry and this seems to be the root cause of the issue. If this is happening, please delete the entry from SDOKPHCL_C if you wish to link SOFFPHIO to SOFFDB and test the behavior afterwards again please.

Best regards,

Christoph