Did you mean: 

DB02 Analysis and DB Check Info warnings BR0970W

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Let me know followings:

Run DB02

Tablespace->Overview

There is Used(%) and Total Used(%). What does it mean?

In my system DB13 Shows

Used(97%) and Total Used(20%)

At OS level bdf shows

sapdata4->82%

sapdata3->80%

sapdata2->81%

sapdata1->45%

DB Check Info Problems:

BR0970W Database administration alert - level: WARNING, type: CRITICAL_FILE

BR0970W Database administration alert - level: WARNING, type: CRITICAL_TABLESPACE object: PSAPSR3

BR0970W Database administration alert - level: WARNING, type: CRITICAL_TABLESPACE object: PSAPSR3701X

Please let me know what should I do?

Regards

Dharmendra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

please search SAP note, SDN and Gogole with keywords:

CRITICAL_TABLESPACE

ashish_mishra2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If tablespaces are critical, there is nothing to do with the OS level filesystem except cheking available free space.

Add datafiles using brtools to the tablespaces which are > 90% full and bring down their usage below 90%.

rerun the checkDB and then re-view the results.

Cheers !!!

Ashish

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I got solution.

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you got solution?

Please provide answer that helped you... or the solution you have found yourself.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

which is database? if that is oracle, you should extend the filesystems or you should increase the datafile's max size.

thanks

ferhan

former_member524429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is Used(%) and Total Used(%). What does it mean?

For Tablespace with AutoExtend , the Used% is telling the filling level of the File compare to its initial allocated file size. And the Total Used% is telling the filling level of the file , compare to its max file size, upto which the Data file can be extended.

Suppose, initially you have created 50 GB of sapdatafile with Autoextend option. The Max file size you have set for it is 200 GB. So at present if that file is filled up 45 GB out of allocated 50 GB, then the used% will be 90% , but the Total Used% will be calculated against that MAX size (200 GB), which will be 22.5%. Upon completion of 50 GB space, the data file will be exteneded based on its MAX size and the available disk space.

At OS level bdf shows
sapdata4->82%
sapdata3->80%
sapdata2->81%
sapdata1->45%

At OS level it will tell you the size occupied against the actual allocated file Size on Disk.

BR0970W Database administration alert - level: WARNING, type: CRITICAL_TABLESPACE object: PSAPSR3701X

I would first check ,weather latest available BR*TOOLS is in use. Please refer SAP Note 849484.

Regards,

Bhavik G. Shroff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir(Bhavik G. Shroff ),

I am almost clear.

Please let me clear one more thing.

In my case used% totalUsed%

PSAPSR3 97% 20

PSAPSR3701X 97% 40

PSAPSR3USR 07% 00

PSAPTEMP 00% 00

PSAPUNDO 03% 02

SYSAUX 86% 02

SYSTEM 51% 07

While, filesystem is 82% Occupied, Each sapdata<n> is of 50GB.

Is it possible that table space maxsize is given more than my available space on filesystem?? So, filesystem is 82% occupied and tablespace is 97% Used. But, Due to maxsize is more than available space, Total used % of tablespace is 20% only?

or

As per maxsize filesystem is occupied? I need not be worry. Whenever used% will reach 100% automatically extend datafile within maxsize that already occupied filesystem????

**Your Response really helpful for me.**********

Regards

Dharmendra

Edited by: Dharmendra Kumar on Mar 9, 2010 10:24 AM

former_member220071
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Please check

Note 1284406

Regards

Abhijeet