Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drilling Restrictions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement.

Is there a possibility to restrict users from drilling only 4 or 5 levels up or down or accross. I mean to say how can we implement

something like this, I'm not sure where we can set features like this.

The reason for this is mainly performance, we dont want users to drill down too many levels.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am suggesting that you deny access to the concerned objects to the users that you don't want them to use these objects.

That mean that at a certain point they won't be authorized to drill on those objects.

On the other hand they cannot be authorized to access those objects in any case in any query.

Regards,

Didier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

I dont think I can deny access, because these 4 or 5 objects that we want users to be able to drill on will be adhoc, they determine at run time what they want to analyze.

So the requirement is no matter what, out of 300 or more dimensions that we have, we want them to have flexibility of choosing no more than 5.

Any way of implementing such a feature.

All suggestions are welcome.

Thanks.

former_member793810
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you apply security at SAP level if the data is coming from SAP?

Bashir Awan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our data is not coming from SAP.

We have a Datawarehouse, data is stored in DB2, Informatica is the ETL.

Except BO, no SAP here.

Any other suggestions.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keerthi,

You can create the custom hierarchies at the universe level.

I guess if you create the hierarchy with 5 levels in the universe then the user will be able to apply drill for those levels.

For this you might need to create duplicate objects, if you have more levels in the hierarchy then create duplicate objetcs

and create a hierarchy for only 5 levels.

Regards,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

I sure can create custom hierarchies. But the thing is, it still does not restrict users from going 5 levels on 1 hierarchy and drilling accross however many levels they want with other hierarchies. I thought if some feature is available where in a user can be restricted to a max of 5 levels in a given report( no matter however many hierarchies they choose from - they should not be able to go beyond 5 levels).

I now understand that nothing like that is available, and we will decide on how many hierarchies we want to create.

Thankyou all for your valuable replies.

Answers (0)