cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extended Transport Control Usage??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

"Extended Transport Control is another way to set up the Transport Route so that the route is system and CLIENT specific"..I m not able to understand this concept so unable to implement Extended Transport Control in my SAP Landscape.Please help me..Moreover I have one more doubt..

Suppose I release a change request in DEV Client 0XX it will not only automatically be added to the Import Queue for QAS but also 0X1, 0X2, of DEV If I implement Extended Transport Control..Is there any other utility of Extended Transport Control??

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Forcefully closing this thread as my question is still not answered..I'll try to solve myself.

Former Member
0 Kudos

> I'll try to solve myself.

Do you mean to say that you did not try anything on your own before launching your questions into the forum?

That does indeed explain some of them, but you seem to be on the right track now.

Good luck and well done!

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Julius..I agree that I have some faults..But I cannot agree that if moderator(Juan) speaks badly but no action is taken against him..He should be much more polite in answering..This is a professional area & he should not behave like that..He is the only person whom I found behaving badly..This is 1 area I think you should improve..Please look into this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Some people complain exactly the same way about me, don't worry.

At least you have stopped points-gaming with Joydeep Gupta for sometime already and from your own frustration are now forced into trying it yourself and putting more effort in before you launch your questions, or at the least while you wait for an answer. You seemed to have even used the search now as well.

I think all this should be seen in a very positive light, considered as progress and is largely thanks to the efforts of Juan.

It might take you a while, but oneday you will hopefully thank us.

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Defintely Julius I have never complained about Juan's SAP skill..He is a gem to SDN..But what I felt he should be much more polite in answering the threads..Sometimes I felt that he is doing MERCY to us by replying the threads..If he does not like to answer it's fine..Because I have seen some great SDN gurus like Ruchit,Samrat & so on..They were not only gems but also very polite..

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have known Juan for some time already and like him. He is very polite to me and good fun to discuss interesting topics with. But then again I don´t irritate him and the rest of SDN with my lazy questions all day long...

I hope you understand that moderators have to do some of the dirty work around here and that includes dealing with people like much of your behaviour, instead of turning a blind eye like others can.

Cheers,

Julius

marilyn_pratt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ashley,

Moderators such as Juan and Julius are nominated after a great deal of thought and observation, of their dedication, their expertise and yes, even their people handling skills. When on the very rare occasion some behavior is called in to question, we, the SCN team do arbitrate. In my 5 years of working for SDN/SCN that hasn't needed to happen very often. Usually the parties involved find a mutually agreeable way to resolve the discord. But on the very rare occasion when that isn't possible we do intercede. My details are available in my SCN business card. If you would like to discuss with me further, either by email or phone, let me know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Create a Target group in transport routes. So from you client 0XX the transport goes to 0X1, 0X2 through the transport group. In the transport group you define both your 0X1 and 0X2 client.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Naveed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Naveed thanks for the suggestions but Is there any other utility of Extended Transport Control??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gurus & Moderator "Sir" if this thread cannot be answered please close it..Till not a single relevant reply..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Any update on this thread??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Still no update from anyone??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there any other utility of Extended Transport Control??

Gurus please answer this question..I think this neither is an interview question nor it has been answered in other threads..

I think moderator of this forum should check if any question is not answered for few weeks,it is not good for the forum also..