cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java Add-In

Former Member
0 Kudos

How to add Java stuff to current ABAP apps. Is there add-in available for ERP2004.

I don't have extra servers to execute Java application server. How to convert ABAP apps to ABAP+Java app.

I have Sandbox system. It has DB+App in the same server. I want to add Java to this app.

Recently I upgrade Kernel also. If I need to add new Java app to current app. Do I have re-install Kernel upgrade again.

Please let me know the java add-in process.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Deven!

I' m not quite sure if I got your point, but if you want to call Java functionality from ABAP and vice versa, you normally use the Java Connector.

Please have a look at <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/6f/1bd5c6a85b11d6b28500508b5d5211/content.htm">Java Connector in SAP Help</a>.

If this is not exactly what you' re looking for, please specifiy your requirements more detailed.

Regards,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thomas,

Above question is from me. I asked Deven and he posted this thread.

We upgrade system from 4.6B to ERP2004 ( last year).

At that time, we didn't install any java application server. We have 4 instances.

I would like to change my ABAP application server to Java + ABAP application server. But i have DB+App in the same server.

How to add new Java app to this ABAP application server.

Where do i find download software for this installation and installation document.

I would like to convert my Application servers to Java + ABAP application servers.

Please let me know, if you have any other questions.

Regards

Ravi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please refer to link /instguides and go to the master guide for ERP 2004. It will have links for install guides for both WebAS ABAP 6.40 and WebAS Java 6.40. Download any relevant OSS notes for java install as mentioned in the install guide.

You have to use SAPINST to install the java add-in and the process is documented in detail in the guides.

• Make sure you have spare memory to accomodate the java stack in addition to your current ABAP stack and database.

• Pick a new system number for your SCS instance if you will install on the same server.

Please feel free to post if you have specific questions about this process.

Regards,

Sanket